Job Title: Field Coordinator
Location: Sukkur Based
Department: Humanitarian and Resilience Department
Contract Length: till 31-March-2024
Responsible to: Head of Program
The Field Coordinator will work closely with the Emergency Coordinator and will be responsible for overall field activities i.e., coordination with the stakeholders including government departments and implementing partners. To support technical assistance and guide implementing partners in conducting assessments, project planning and implementation, and monitoring of the partner’s activities. S/he will do a periodic assessment of the rapidly changing needs in the flood-affected areas and share the findings with the management for corrective action. He will be responsible to support the partners in project documentation and donor reporting
The Field Coordinator will be responsible for participating in humanitarian coordination systems related to Flood response 2022 and providing technical support to partners regarding inclusive emergency response and advocacy with key stakeholders including UN agencies, PDMA, DDMAs and humanitarian actors on inclusive humanitarian response and preparedness activities. He/she will support partners in ensuring transparency, accountability and safeguarding of beneficiaries affected in a crisis situation
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Lead and coordinate the overall Flood Response of HelpAge Pakistan at the field level
- Participate in humanitarian coordination system led by PDMA/DDMA and supported by HAT/UNOCHA and report to the Islamabad office
- Support as focal person for project-related activities and correspondence at the Provincial and district level
- Advocacy with working groups, UN agencies, relevant government authorities and humanitarian actors for the inclusion of older people in humanitarian response and preparedness activities
- Provide technical support to partners and other stakeholders on inclusive humanitarian response implementation and inclusive preparedness activities
- Support in program design, data collection, implementation and monitoring of inclusive humanitarian preparedness and response activities.
- Identify staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and contribute to capacity strengthening and required interventions to support quality project implementation
- Support communication department in developing case studies and collection of photos and other relevant data.
- Ensure timely completion of all project activities, submission of all relevant reports
- Represent the organization in relevant forums
- Provide support to partners’ collection of Sex, Age and Disability Disaggregated data of beneficiaries with the written consent
- Provide support in rapid need assessment and other assessment time to time required at head office
- Preventing harm and abuse from our people, operations and programmes to anyone that encounters our work;
- Report all safeguarding incidents they see, hear, hear about or suspect, using our internal reporting mechanism;
- Complying with all safeguarding framework policies and practices
- Completing mandatory training courses relating to our safeguarding policy framework and comply with HR vetting procedures.
- Reducing the risk of harm and abuse in the field;
- Involving communities in the design of programmes and complaint response mechanisms, be responsible for implementation and review;
- Attending specialist field training on safeguarding as required;
- Maintaining maps of support services for survivors;
- Receiving and responding to complainants/survivors and ensuring that no further harm is done, following a survivor-centred approach, using the principles of psychological first aid, and signposting to relevant local services as needed
- Reporting all safeguarding incidents, they become aware of
Experience & Skills:
- Master’s degree in social sciences/DRM or any relevant field (Course on ageing, Disability, and Inclusion will be preferred)
- 3-4 years of relevant experience
- Experience in working on inclusion-related projects
- Good written and spoken communication skills in English.
- Ability to work in a team and network with partners
- No travel restriction
- Good skills of computer (MS Office including database management)
- we work hard to achieve our goals together as a team with a clear shared purpose. Everyone who works at the organization shares our values and are committed to behaviours that demonstrate and support them.
- Our values inform how we work together:
We respect people, value diversity and are committed to equality.
We value and recognise the contribution of our staff and network members as we put older people at the centre of everything we do.
We work alongside network members and others to increase reach, influence and impact. We are committed to a culture of collaboration and building positive relationships.
We are passionate about learning, accountable and work together to find creative solutions
We committed to creating an inclusive working environment, promoting and providing equal opportunities and respecting diversity in employment. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of their age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. Local candidates will be given preference. We encourage and facilitate a flexible working environment.
Note: Position will be filled on rolling basis.