DAI Organization and Values
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
The Business Development will support business development activities at DAI Pakistan Corporate office. BD Intern will be responsible for assisting in overall management of day-to-day activities related to Business Development. She/he will support business development team in core tasks like new business identification, maintaining tracker, coordination, monitoring donors’ pipeline, pre-positioning, proposal development, bid submission, post award support, project delivery and other tasks assigned by Business Development Manager.
The Intern will be required for up to 6 months duration.
The following analytical outputs are expected from the exercise: • To research and monitor USAID, FCDO & EU along with ADB, UNDP, GIZ & WB business forecast pipeline for Pakistan. • To assist in updating new opportunity tracker for DAI Pakistan. • To assist in scheduling meetings with various stakeholders. • To prepare notes of the meetings and action points. • To assist in updating relevant stakeholder and partners database. • To assist in preparing competitor’s analysis. • To support in project delivery of ongoing projects. • Any other task assigned.
• Maintaining new opportunity trackers
• Participation in meeting and recoding notes of meetings.
• Maintaining stakeholder’s database.
Requirements (Education, Experience, Skills, Languages etc.):
• Masters or bachelor’s degree in Business Administration / Public Administration or relevant fields.
• 0 -1 year of relevant experience.
• Highly motivated, energetic, independent, self-starter.
• Highly organized with keen attention to detail, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
• Proficiency in computer applications including MS Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Excellent communication (written and spoken in English) and interpersonal skills.
• Prior Business Development internship experience is advantageous.
• Experience of dealing with documentation and streamlining process.
• Attention to detail and ability to follow up on tasks to completion.
• Good interpersonal skills to deal with diverse staff and clients.
• Able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently.
• Discretion with confidential information
• Excellent organizational skills.
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. DAI does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, veteran status, or other non-merit factor.