Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff
The Human Resource coordinator will provide support in the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department in Field office including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, compensation and benefits, Compliance matters and HR Database Management and enforcing company policies and practices. In addition to supporting compliance to the safeguarding framework (code of conduct, child safeguarding policy, Protection from sexual exploitation and abuse policy, and anti-harassment, intimidation and anti-bullying policy) in the field office.
EY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Staff Recruitment and Retention
- Ensure appropriate recruitment, retention and succession of staff including orientation programs in consultation with HR Manager.
- In collaboration with Finance & Grants, ensure maintenance of updated information on staff salaries, allowances and income tax calculations in compliance with current laws and regulations
- Monitor and evaluate recruitment and placement related activities, while ensuring adherence to policies and procedures in filling these posts and recommend changes or corrections related to procedures.
- Maintain HRIS, share recruitment matrix and related information with CO HR and managment.
- To support in HR review and planning exercises including succession planning in consultation with key staff and ensure the implementation of such planning and sharing of the information with relevant staff.
- Ensure that all interviews include safeguarding questions relevant to the position.
- Ensure that the safeguarding statement is included in all JDs and in the advertisement of all positions in the Area.
Policies and Procedures
- Provide advice and support to managers and staff on interpretation and application of policies and procedures and on other HR related matters.
- Supervise the implementation of HR practices and processes aligned with the organisation’s overall strategy & Quality Standards to meet the evolving needs of the organisation in consultation with HR Manager.
- Ensure that staff and Save the Children Associates are aware of and adhere to the Child Safeguarding Policies
Performance Management and Staff Development
- Ensure that performance reviews are conducted regularly by supervisors; support provide training and advise to managers on effective implementation of performance management
- Support on refresher training for staff in HR policies and procedures including performance management
- Monitor and advice on disciplinary matters in consultation with HR Manager, Compliance and Legal section accordance with established policies and procedures
- Mediate conflict, grievances and reporting harassment cases
- Advice and counsel staff in respect of rights, responsibilities, code of conduct and difficulties associated with work related matters.
- Plan and identify Staff Development and Career Management needs and develop Training and Development programs in consultation with country office HR team to enhance Save the Children staff effectiveness.
Providing Technical Child Safeguarding support:
- Work Closely with Safeguarding Advisor to review and update SC safeguarding policies and procedures to ensure compliance with SCI safeguarding standards and relevant legislation and policies.
- Engage actively with SCI Safeguarding working groups and colleagues to ensure continuous improvement and compliance of SC Safeguarding Programme.
- Provide Safeguarding technical support and advice to all Field staff members and stakeholders (partners, volunteers, consultants and those who are related to SC Pakistan).
- Provide support in the development and implementation of the Country Office CS Action Plan and activities.
- In consultation with Manager HR, support in improving the related mechanisms of Safeguarding to ensure compliance with SCI safeguarding standards and relevant legislation and policies.
- Provide support to ensure accountability to beneficiaries’ system becomes an integral part of all Save the Children interventions.
- Develop the safeguarding training tracker for the field office staff.
- In coordination with the safeguarding adviser and Area Director , develop a safeguarding capacity-building plan for the field office through formal training, discussion of case studies, refresher sessions, etc.
- Work with the Area Director to ensure that awareness is regularly raised amongst beneficiaries including children, about the Safeguarding Policies, Code of Conduct, complaints mechanisms, etc
- Ensure that the safeguarding ICE materials and the complaint mechanism is displayed in field office and the locations of the operations.
- Receive any safeguarding concerns/ complaints and put it on Datix
On going Activities
- Responsible for the confidential management of employee’s records /personal files and maintain and update the HRMIS system for better decision making, HR planning and personnel records.
- Support in preparation of periodic HR reports & effort reports along with monthly Payroll,
- Support for quarterly HR reports, score cards & KPI reporting, TE reporting or any other audit requirement. To provide guidance and support to staff and develop understanding on different staff entitlements and issues related to all HR related policies and procedures
- To provide technical input to line managers and the senior management team on staff management issues including legal compliance.
Any other Any other task assigned by Supervisor/Sr. Management team;
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and members accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Creates a managerial environment to lead, enable and maintain our culture of child safeguarding.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a country wide/global scale
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Cuts away bureaucracy and encourages an entrepreneurial approach
- honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence displays consistent excellent judgement
MBA in Human Resource Management
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Mimimum experience of 5 years in HR experience preferably in NGO Sector
- Tactful, ability to accept criticism, tolerant, assertive, ability to modify style in order to reach goals and to maintain effectiveness within changing environments and with varying responsbilities
- Effective negotiation skills, diplomatic skills and cultural and political sensitivity
- Ability to create and maintain a level of effective output; capacity to work hard within exacting timeframes and quality standards with minimal supervision
- Sound decision making skills; understands the impact of decisions on others; decisive and incisive decision maker
- Demonstrates strong work ethics; organisational values and commitment
- Strong analytical, interpesonnel, communication and networking skills
- Ability to work independently to a high professional standard
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
Creates a managerial environment to lead, enable and maintain our culture of child safeguarding
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
NOTE: Females candidates are enouraged to apply for the position.