DAI Organization and Values
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
Overview of the Position:
The Digital Communications Specialist will be responsible for enhancing DAI’s visibility and reputation in Pakistan by producing high-quality content such as reports, updates, newsletters, presentations, videos, posters, and social media content. S/he will closely work with business development and project teams.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conceptualize, develop and manage digital content such as articles, videos, and infographics for DAI channels such as the DAI website, social media accounts, blogs, etc.
- Design, develop, update, enhance and maintain the DAI Pakistan website ensuring well-designed, well-structured, easy to navigate, and high-quality written content.
- Independently set up and organize online/in-person events such as workshops, webinars, and other meetings.
- Engage with DAI’s Knowledge Management team to understand and apply best practices, tools, and approaches in conjunction with corporate and project staff.
- Develop visibility material such as newsletter, updates on the website, share stories with head office for special events.
- Responsible to produce quarterly reports and progress reporting.
- Develop infographics and presentations for DAI.
- Engage with DAI field projects to capture and disseminate knowledge and technical reports.
- Explore the potential for placing DAI perspectives and content in Pakistani outlets.
- Establish and maintain linkage, coordination, and interaction with DAI’s national and international business units, and the Corporate Communications team.
- Uphold and apply DAI corporate global communications and knowledge management standards
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in communications, media, international development, or related field.
- Graphic design experience can be an advantage.
- 2 - 5 years of relevant experience is desirable.
- Strong knowledge of digital platforms and trends in Pakistan.
- Independently compose opinion pieces and articles of exceptional quality on development related subjects, to bring impact and stories to life.
- Ability to work under high pressure, and quickly turnaround products while meeting deadlines
- Proven ability to take initiative and proactively develop solutions and communications products
- Able to deal with key stakeholders, manage vertically and horizontally
- Comfortable with handling public speaking assignments, and media engagement
- Understanding of digital marketing and digital analytics tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional written and oral communication in English.
- Outstanding presentation skills.
- Strong ability in Microsoft PowerPoint, additional software/graphic design/video editing capabilities will be an advantage.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work.
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform.
- Ability to efficiently handle information and knowledge.
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. DAI does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, veteran status, or other non-merit factor.