Salary: PKR 65k – 85k per month
Cynosure (https://www.cynosure-intl.com) is an International Development Consultancy firm that provides research and management services to clients such as the United Nations, World Bank, ADB, AusAID, JICA and other international donors in Asia, Africa, South America, and Eastern Europe.
We are currently seeking a dynamic individual for the position of Proposal Writing Officer with experience writing multi-sectoral proposals. The incumbent will be responsible for undertaking research, preparing, and submitting winning proposals to institutional clients such as the UNDP, World Bank, Asian Development Bank (ADB), Government agencies, and international NGOs.
This is a highly networked role that requires a forensic attention to detail, the ability to work under pressure and demanding deadlines. The Proposal Writer plays a leading role in ensuring the effective co-ordination and timely completion of tenders.
Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Studying requests for proposal (RFPs) and determining proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs;
- Write proposal content, including technical sections, management and staffing sections, expert profiles, and executive summaries;
- Lead storyboard sessions with bid / proposal team members;
- Review and edit sections drafted by other contributors;
- Synthesize raw content from various sources into a cohesive and comprehensive passage;
- Assisting in analysis of information gathered from primary or secondary sources i.e. make tabular formats, fact sheets, graphs and reports on research results in order to summarize them;
- Identify and re-work existing pre-written content where relevant;
- Assist in the recruitment process;
- Ensure final submission is compliant with donor/client regulations and instructions in the solicitation;
- Excellent time management / prioritization skills;
- Forensic attention to detail and meticulous proof-reading skills;
- Obtaining management approvals by reviewing, revising and editing draft proposals with Team Leader;
- Meeting deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; and coordinating requirements with contributors; etc.;
- Contributing to organizational knowledge management through maintaining internal files and databases; and
- Maintaining a filing system for all assignment activities, reports, and analysis.
- An individual with a Bachelor/Master degree in business, agriculture, environment, international relations, media studies, social sciences, or related field; candidates with degrees from international institutions are highly preferred;
- 2-3 years of experience, preferably in an organization working in the international development sector, such as an NGO, consultancy firm, etc.;
- Excellent research and analytical and technical writing skills, prior experience in report writing will be preferred;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point);
- Familiarity and/or expertise in M&E frameworks and research methodologies preferred;
- Ability to summarize complex documents, and identify client compliance requirements in tender and related documents;
- Ability and willingness to work overtime when deadlines approach;
- Comfortable with continuous quality management, process improvement, coordination, and strategic planning mechanisms;
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced team environment, with proven ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work efficiently and independently, and within strict deadline oriented environment; and
- Disposition to work in small and dynamic teams.
We offer a working environment where independence and initiative are rewarded. In this position, you will get the chance to work directly with some of the leading development sector professionals across the world, solve multi-sectoral problems, enjoy flexible working hours, and create boundless opportunities for personal and professional growth.