|Posted date||23rd January, 2023||Last date to apply||9th February, 2023|
|Category||Finance & Financial Services|
Project Overview and Role:
NPI EXPAND Overview
The New Partnerships Initiative (NPI) Expanding Health Partnerships—NPI EXPAND Project—is a global five-year (2019-2024) U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) funded project that supports Missions with increasing the availability and utilization of quality health services across all USAID priority health areas.
USAID is committed to expanding its range of implementing partners by investing in new and underutilized local partners (NUPs) and strengthening their capacity to strategize, plan, and implement health sector programs with USAID funds. Enhanced participation of capable local partners to increase demand for and deliver high-quality, high impact health services will enable governments to meet crucial health goals equitably and sustainably. NPI EXPAND will also catalyse opportunities to scale up innovative interventions by strengthening the capacity of NUPs with varying levels of capabilities and exposure to USAID.
NPI EXPAND Pakistan Activities Overview
In Pakistan, NPI EXPAND will implement USAID Pakistan's Human Development Activity (HDA) to advance development, education, and health aims in the border areas with Afghanistan. Pressing issues in these areas include low access to and use of high-quality education and health services, limited qualified personnel, equipment and supply shortages, security-related restrictions, and gender inequity. Through HDA, NPI EXPAND will support creative, locally driven solutions to improve education and health in the border areas. The health areas of focus are family planning (FP) and maternal, newborn, and child health (MNCH) . The primary beneficiaries include the most disadvantaged women, girls, children, and newborn living in these areas. The project will provide grants and tailored assistance to local organizations in line with the following results:
- Result 1: Organizational sustainability of new and underutilized local entities or locally established partners strengthened
- Result 2: Utilization of high-quality, high impact basic education and health (FP/MNCH) services, information, and supplies expanded
- Result 3: Promising and innovative education and health approaches scaled up through new and underutilized partnerships for increased sustainability.
The Pakistan Operations and Finance Assistant will support the Finance and Operations Manager with operational and financial activities within NPI EXPAND’s HDA project. This position will report administratively on a day-to-day basis to the Finance and Operations Manager, with functional reporting to the Country Team Lead, and Project Delivery Team in Washington, DC.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the in-country team to forecast office’s cash needs;
- Support procuring goods and/or services as per the procurement policies and client regulations including obtaining appropriate relevant authorizations, maintaining vendor lists, solicitation of quotations/proposals, documentation of procurement decisions and contracts, and managing vendor relationships throughout the full agreement life cycle;
- Ensure timely receipt of quality services/goods and monitor performance and achievement of deliverables as per respective agreements before processing of payment(s) to vendors;
- Support managing office facilities, equipment, assets, IT, etc. and assist in maintaining accurate assets registers;
- Coordinate with the HQ Project Delivery team to initiate vetting processes for vendors, consultants, new hires, etc.;
- Draft procurement documents such as invoices, delivery notes, purchase orders and other documents to ensure the completeness, accuracy, and validity of data;
- Draft contractual documents to be approved by the Finance and Operations Manager, Grants Coordinator, CTL and/or HQ Project Delivery team;
- Support maintaining systems for tracking contractual documents, correspondence and reporting, keeping contract files updated for spot checks and audits;
- Support coordination of activities between program management, customers, and outside parties which may include making travel arrangements, external meeting accommodations, etc.;
- Supervise drivers including timesheet completion, work assignments, vehicle maintenance, vehicle logbooks and fuel record monitoring;
- Maintain HR documents such as onboarding documents, leave requests, insurance claims;
- Review cashbooks/field vouchers and ensure supporting documentation is complete;
- Help coordinate service providers and process work orders and invoices;
- Upload payment details on Alfa-transact;
- Draft GST exemption packages for vendor invoices exceeding $500;
- Support audit processes and ensure retention of project records is compliant with company policies and procedures;
- Support international staff travel with security, approvals and bookings;
- Other duties as assigned to support NPI EXPAND.
Period and Location of Performance
Period of performance is until March 2024, with the possibility of a brief extension based on funding availability. Location for this engagement is in Islamabad. Only Pakistani nationals currently residing in Pakistan will be considered for this position.
- Experience implementing USAID funded projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, accounting, or other relevant field;
- Experience working with Procurement, Administration, finance and Logistics or other related field;
- Effective communication and excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- High level of computer literacy and strong experience with Microsoft Office products;
- Ability to manage sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times;
- Sound problem solving and decision making skills;
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task, set priorities, and organize time efficiently;
- Strong ability to be a team player and self-starter, comfortable in a supporting role, working independently, and in a multicultural environment;
- Local candidates would be preferred.
About Palladium - Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world's most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people's lives.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion - Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything we do. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity and expression, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team at [email protected] and we will be in touch to discuss.
Safeguarding - We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Application Instructions: Please visit https://palladium.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/2/home/requisition/17851?c=palladium
Follow instructions to apply, including the submission of a CV. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.