Aga Khan Health Service, Pakistan is looking for seasoned and dynamic Radiologist for AKDC – Chitral.
The incumbent will be responsible for performing diagnostic radiology to diagnose and refer the case further to specialist doctor. Executing and interpreting medical images such as X-rays, CT scans and ultrasounds and using them to treat health problems in patients.
Experience, Skills and Competencies:
- Scheduling examinations and assign Radiologic personnel.
- Treating malignant internal or external growths by exposure to radiation from radiographs (x-rays), high energy sources, or natural or synthetic radioisotopes.
- Evaluate the patient’s medical history to ensure tests will not cause harm.
- Suggest alternative diagnostic techniques in case of allergy or any other issue.
- Perform or direct radiology staff to perform a variety of diagnostic procedures, such as X-rays, CT scans and ultrasounds, to diagnose illnesses and injuries.
- Use their medical training and expertise to make a diagnosis based on the results.
- Communicate test results and their diagnosis to a patient’s primary physician through a written report. In some cases, the doctors also may confer verbally, either by phone or in person.
Academic/ Professional Qualification and Experience:
- Minimum MBBS /MCPS/FCPS with valid PMDC license.
- 4 to 5 years work experience
AKHS is committed to reducing our impact on climate and the environment and have set ourselves the goal of striving for net-zero carbon operations by 2030. All staff is expected to take part in making this a reality. The Radiologist accompanied with his/her Line Manager is expected to identify and understand which aspects of his/her work have most impact on the environment, and define tasks, work, and personal goals within his/her work plan to reduce these impacts and bring AKHS closer to net zero.
Interested candidates meeting the criteria can apply latest by March 20, 2023.