|Posted date||23rd January, 2023||Last date to apply||12th February, 2023|
DAI is implementing the US Department of State’s Bureau of Democracy, Rights and Labor (DRL)’s funded project “Strengthening Leadership within Union Councils (LUC)”.
LUC is a four-year project (2019-2023) and is working with local governments in Sindh and Punjab to increase the capacity of local councils to fulfill their commitments to providing services to local communities and improve the equitable allocation of local resources.
LUC will work with the Union Councils (Sindh) and Village Panchayat and Neighborhood Councils (Punjab), various government departments, independent commissions, academia, and local civil society organizations and platforms to achieve the following objectives:
Objective 1: Increase the local councils’ capacity to engage in good governance best practices. Following thematic areas are included under this objective:
- Understanding of good governance, planning and budgeting
- Support for service delivery, planning, decision making and monitoring
- Enhanced access to local council services
Objective 2: Increase the leadership skills of council members (officials and elected representatives). Following thematic areas are included under this objective:
- Leadership training program for elected and reserved seat councilors
- Institutional strengthening of Local Government Academies
Objective 3: Provide councils with opportunities to engage under-represented groups (women, youth and minorities). Following thematic areas are included under this objective:
- Capacity building of youth, women and minority councilors
- Inclusive engagement of relevant stakeholders in local councils (local CSOs/NGOs, bar associations, press clubs, community leaders, councilors etc)
- Advocacy capabilities of community activists
Logistics & Admin Officers will provide the administrative & Logistical support for the effective implementation of DAI-LUC project’s Lahore & Sukkur office. This position reports to the Manager Finance & operations in Lahore and Grants & Procurement Officer in Sukkur, Main responsibilities and duties will include coordination of various administrative functions of project including logistic arrangements, fleet management, procurement, security, Inventory, supplies & assets management, planning the details of the day-to-day activities of support staff. This position is based in Lahore & Sukkur.
- Be responsible in providing administrative & logistical support to the Program Team in the region, under the direct supervision of Manager Finance & operations in Lahore and Grants & Procurement Officer in Sukkur
- Provide proactive, accurate, timely and high-quality administrative work to the project and to ensure proper filing in hard and soft copies
- Prepare and maintain a list of vendors and comparative quotations, coordinate with the vendors for purchases of equipment and items, following the organizational and donor’s guidelines.
- Assisting Manager Finance & Operations in Maintaining & organizing project financial documentation.
- Maintain the project inventory, keeping the inventory register always updated, tagging the new items, physical verification of the items in the field and reporting on the asset’s condition if there is any requirement of a repair or replacement handing taking over, goods receiving and inspection reports etc.
- Monitoring the generator functioning and refuelling, coordinating with generator maintenance company for servicing and oil change etc.
- Ensuring the servicing & smooth functioning of Air conditions, printers & other electrical equipment, and appliances at office
- Assisting Manager Finance & operations in Lahore and Grants & Procurement Officer in Sukkur in ensuring the fool proof security function at project office, vouching the guarding services at the office, coordinating with the security company for the guards’ duties, leaves, provision of relievers during the leaves of the guards deployed
- Assisting Manager Finance & operations in Lahore and Grants & Procurement Officer in Sukkur in ensuring the compliance of security protocols, standards, requirements, and installations as recommended by DAI Country Security Manager for project’s overall security
- Sending employees’ OPD/IPD medical claims to insurance company for processing, updating, and maintaining medical claims tracker. Following up for any pending medical claims, cheques rectification etc.
- Deposit cheques received against medical claims to respected employee bank accounts
- Maintaining the project office lease, liaison with landlord for the lease extension, rental payments etc.
- Managing internet connection & mobile communication & their billings of the project
- Managing the office maintenance, office & equipment repairs, Supervising office boy, coordination with janitorial company for managing office boys’ routine, leaves, remuneration etc.
- Maintaining the stock of office supplies (kitchen, cleaning, printing etc.) and identifying the need to reorder the supplies required
- Assisting program team in printing of IEC material, banners, training materials etc. and coordination with vendors for the designing and delivery of printed material
- Maintain office files, ensure professional reception of guests, and other administrative duties as requested.
- Completion of supporting documents related to vendor invoices e.g., verification, approval, contract, procurement process, bank details etc. as per policies and procedures.
- Follow up with vendors on timely invoice submission and ensuring invoices are accurate.
Logistical support (30%):
- Be responsible for logistics and travel arrangements (ticket, hotel, visa, catering, meeting, venue, etc.) and makes pertinent logistical arrangements for the prompt and effective implementation of the Project activities.
- Provide intercity and intra city travel arrangements for staff and expats, monitors driver movements in liaison with Safety/Security focal point.
- Coordination with Rent a car Company for the vehicle repairs, replacements etc.
- Coordinate closely with drivers, arranging for rental vehicles where required
- Manage project vehicle, vouching logbooks and preparing monthly vehicle usage report, including trip use, mileage, fuel consumption, topping up fuel cards when required
- Facilitate organizing events such as conferences, workshops, seminars, and meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements (Education, Experience, Skills, Languages etc.):
- Master’s Degree in finance, Business Administration and/or related fields
- Minimum 5 (five) years of professional experience in providing logistic support and office administration and working in a similar position
- Demonstrated experience working in an NGO and/or an International Organization/ National Corporation, with local governments institutions, or a donor-based project.
- Personal skills should include proficient time management, effective coordination, and planning
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Proficiency in computer applications including MS Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- English language fluency required.
- High standards of integrity; professionalism and impartiality
DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
Since 1970, we have worked in more than 150 countries—delivering results across the spectrum of international development contexts, from stable societies and high-growth economies to challenging environments racked by political or military conflict.
Across the globe, we work together with a shared mission of helping people improve their lives. We tackle fundamental problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. We combine expertise and innovation across multiple technical sectors to deliver long-lasting results.
We work with a wide range of clients, including national and local governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, private corporations, and philanthropies.
As one of the world’s pre-eminent international development consultancies, DAI has implemented high-impact projects in Pakistan for more than 40 years and is registered as DAI Pakistan (Pvt) Ltd with SECP.
Our ability to innovate and implement solutions to complex problems is a direct result of our commitment to act with integrity in everything we do. DAI employees have worked to achieve profound and positive change in the countries and communities in which we work. DAI brings to Pakistan its global perspective, resources, and expertise, and a locally led team of world class professionals based in Islamabad and other cities.
Our core values are excellence, integrity, responsibility, and global citizenship. These values shape our culture and provide the basis for our success.
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnic origin, religion, veteran status, disability status, and gender identity.
Under the overall supervision of the Community Resilience Activity (CRA) District Team Leader, th....
TENDER NOTICE FOR PROVISION OF IT EQUIPMENT DAI Pakistan is implementing....