|Posted date||26th January, 2023||Last date to apply||10th February, 2023|
|Category||Finance & Financial Services|
AKHS,P is looking for a seasoned and dynamic Senior Finance Officer for Head Office, Karachi.
The incumbent is responsible to provide support to the Finance department in effective manner. He/She will be responsible for ensuring compliance related to financial activities in accordance with AKHSP’s policies.
The position holder will ensure coordination with finance department for processing and reconciling a wide variety of accounting, documents such as invoices, billings, employee reimbursements, cash receipts, vendor statements, and vouchers.
- Ensure the data entries in the accounting system with a high level of accuracy
- Follow the month-end and year-end process of annual reporting function
- Cooperate with internal & external audit closely
- Work with other departments and employees to ensure the finance guidelines are followed. Perform other assignments upon supervisor/manager’s request
- Prepare and ensure the accuracy and completeness of all management and timely submission of reports
- Ensure timely processing of all invoices and payments in a timely manner to mitigate audit risk of lagging payments
- Ensure completeness of all support documents as per policy to process any payment, if any necessary document is not attached with ROP, coordinate with the relevant department and ensure compliance
- Liaise with the vendors regarding payment status, handle vendor queries and process their payments
- Ensure accurate tax deductions from all the payments being made in line with the tax rules and related guidelines issued by FBR
- Coordinate with the regional finance team and donor funded teams for completeness of support documents
- Coordinate with the vendors and other departments such as supply chain, admin and HR to accelerate the payment processing
- Timely resolving of supervisor queries in payment authorization
- Timely manage to get payments signed by signatories as per authority matrix
- Ensure timely processing of online payments through bank portals
- Prepare bank reconciliations of assigned bank accounts and ensure to meet timelines
- Coordinate with the banks for timely availability of bank statements
- Ensure daily ticking and recording of transactions of major bank accounts
- Assist managers in monthly and annual closing process to ensure that all the accruals and provisions are recorded on a monthly basis
- Ensure proper filling of vouchers
- Responsible for the professional coordination with other finance staff and other departments of AKHSP according to internal processes and to ensure the highest quality of integrity and processes within the Finance team.
Education, Experience & Competencies
- Preferably Masters / Bachelor’s degree in financial discipline
- 2-3 years relevant experience
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communications skills
- Highly proficient in MS Excel, word processing, spread sheets, and presentation applications and incline towards working in a technology-driven environment
- A team player and confident at dealing with people at all levels and different backgrounds
- A problem solving and solution-oriented attitude
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and deliver on set objectives within given deadlines
AKHS is committed to reducing our impact on climate and the environment and have set ourselves the goal of striving for net-zero carbon operations by 2030. All staff is expected to take part in making this a reality. The Senior Finance Officer accompanied with his/her Line Manager is also expected to identify and understand which aspects of his/her work have most impact on the environment, and define tasks, work, and personal goals within his/her work plan to reduce these impacts and bring AKHS closer to net zero.
Interested candidates meeting the criteria can apply latest by February 10, 2023.
- Requires you to add current salary information.
- Requires you to add cover letter.