Job Title: HR/Officer Administrator
Project: Land Registration in Merged Areas (LRMA)
Reports to: Director Finance and Operations
Date: December 2022
DAI Organization and Values
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
The Land Registration in Merged Areas (LRMA) activity is a United States Agency for International Development, (USAID) funded project that will support the establishment of a land registration system in the seven districts of the Merged Areas. The activity will improve the accessibility of land records; effectuate land transactions; allow the use of land as collateral and complement the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s efforts under the Settlement and Land Record activity.
Overview of the Position:
The HR/Office Administrator will supervise and manage general HR/admin matters and will be responsible for the effective delivery of HR/admin services including pre/post recruitment, contract management, invoicing, vetting, maintenance of personnel files, benefits management, timesheets management and overall office administration. S/he will be responsible for for the implementation of HR and administrative systems, procedures, and policies at Peshawar office. The HR/Office Administrator will work closely with the Director Finance and Operations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support and manage pre and post recruitment process, including collection of Personnel Requisition Form, longlisting, interview scheduling, collection of interview evaluation forms, coordination with the final candidate and completion of all the required HR documents.
- Responsible for onboarding/orientation of new hires;
- Maintain and process EOBI, and health/life insurance.
- Manage short term consultants’ invoicing, payments, and maintain relevant trackers;
- Ensure timesheets are accurately completed and processed, support DAI Pakistan and relevant project staff with leave and timesheet queries.
- Maintain Leave management system.
- Monitor contractual data to ensure timely modifications and extensions when applicable.
- Maintain employees’ information database.
- Ensure that personnel files are complete according to requirements.
- Support in implementation of DAI Pakistan Corporate policies and Procedures.
- Manage the staff appraisal and performance management process and maintain a tracker for this.
- Initiate and facilitate exit clearance process of DAI Pakistan staff.
- Maintain log of visitors for new business development. Support team in organizing relevant events including invites to the participants/guests
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Coordinate with Security Unit to ensure that security protocols are in place for staff traveling to the field.
- Coordinate and follow up for the timely adjustment of advances and payments to vendors related to admin, logistics, fleet and other operations related activities.
- Manage the LRMA Programme Inventory.
- Provide assistance in meetings with technical teams to identify their program support needs.
- Ensure operations run smoothly within the department, extend administrative support to the technical team, and streamline record management and data archiving.
- Complete operational requirements by scheduling administrative tasks and expediting required outputs.
- Maintain invoice tracking sheet, reconcile invoices and ensure timely processing.
- Supervise the acquisition, distribution and storage of equipment and supplies.
- Oversee the delivery of administrative support services (janitorial service, assistance for meetings/events/workshops).
- Ensure the preparation and provision of work spaces for new hires, Home Office visitors, and consultants.
- Various other tasks as assigned by the Director Finance and Operations.
Requirements (Education, Experience, Skills, Languages.):
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Human Resources;
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in HR and Administration.
- HR/Admin Documentation experience in International organizations (USAID/DFID) will be preferred
- Highly motivated, energetic, independent, self-starter.
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks;
- Proficiency in computer applications including MS Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Discretion with confidential information
- Excellent communication (written and spoken in English) and interpersonal skills.
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. DAI does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, veteran status, or other non-merit factor