1. JOB/POSITION TITLE
Project Officer Livelihood
Improving access to income generating activities for young adults in selected slum areas of Rawalpindi and Islamabad
a) FULL TIME þ b) NEW POSITION TO BE CLASSIFIED _______
PART TIME _______ POSITION ALREADY EXIST _______
4. REPORTING RELATIONSHIP:
Project Manager/Executive Director
5. JOBS DIRECTLY SUPERVISED:
6. Program Overview
The Joint project of CBM an International Organization and Pak Women title is “Improving access to income generating activities for young adults in selected slum areas of Rawalpindi and Islamabad. Overall objective of the project is to improve access to services and formed resilience against (Post COVID-19 impacts on young adults with and without disabilities in selected slum areas of Rawalpindi and Islamabad.
7. Overview of the Position:
The Project Officer Livelihood will assist project manager and support on and oversee the implementation of programming to increase to livelihood transition opportunities for youth with and without disabilities, their or their families businesses affected as a result of COVID 19 pandemic. This includes enhancing human capacity skills and opportunities for skills development and increasing employment and self-employment opportunities in target households and/or communities through capacity building as well as linkages development with government social safety nest/ schemes and business development services i.e. micro credit, training, marketing etc. To achieve project objective project manager through social mobilizers will organize 1200 youth with and without disabilities, their families and communities in form of Organizations of Persons with Disabilities (OPDs), Self Help Groups and Informal Saving and Loan Groups (ISLGs).
8. Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist the project manager in the implementation of program activities.
- Work in coordination with the program and related project stakeholders.
- Schedule and participate in planned project site visits to collect required data and to meet with communities and ensure the pace and quality of programming activities and providing written updates to the Project Manager on a timely basis.
- Support the Project Manager and program team in maintaining Project stakeholder relationships within the district.
- Assist the Project Manager in the coordination of training session, meetings with communities and other project related activities in field areas.
- Submit bi-weekly reports to the Project Manager/Executive Director; while contributing to overall project deliverables as required.
- Maintain a clear understanding of the district and its diverse communities, while contributing to the design and implementation of district community resilience requirements.
- Finalization of list of items for livelihood kits in consultation with project manager, social mobilisers and beneficiaries.
- Assist project manager in distribution of kits.
- Assist project manager in assessment of businesses for seed grants and provision of seed grants to beneficiaries recommended by OPDs, SHGs and ISLGs.
- Report regularly on the implementation environment within the district, presenting information to the Project Manager on the geographical, cultural, political and security conditions within the district.
- Organize and maintain programmatic records and documentation, project databases, field activity records, project correspondence etc., ensuring that these records are available for inclusion in project deliverables and reports as required.
- Perform such other related duties as may be assigned
9. Requirements (Education, Experience, Skills, Languages.):
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, , or related field (advanced degree preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience (5+ years of experience strongly preferred) with NGOs and INGOs for funded development projects focused on livelihoods (preferably with experience related to on-farm, off-farm and employment livelihoods), resilience, and vulnerable household, preferably in the Pakistan context
- Demonstrated ability to work and coordinate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders, including national and local government, donors, community-based organizations, and the private sector
- Experience in project management and reporting
- Excellent demonstrated oral and written English skills; proficiency in English desired.
- Ability to travel within project areas as required
b) PERIODIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparation of monthly action plans on specified format and submission to the project manager
- Participation in fortnightly and monthly progress review and action planning meeting at head office.
- Help project manager and operations in finalization of monthly progress report
- To attend any capacity building training arrange by Pak Women or donor or any other organization, relevant to his/her job.
- To attend any outside meetings and workshop when and where required, relevant to his/her job.
- Help project manager in preparation and finalization of project completion report.
10. DOCUMENTATION/ ANY OTHER FACTORS:
- Submission of meeting minutes to project manager of all meetings with all stakeholders.
- Develop case studies and success stories of training participants.
- Submission of all trainings reports.
- MOVs submission of all trainings.
- Monthly action plans/Event Planner.
- Any other relevant to job and required.
- Use of PC/Laptop, internet, attend emergency meetings, trainings, workshops, seminars, visit to other areas, exposure visits, out of country visits etc.