|Posted date||30th January, 2023||Last date to apply||9th February, 2023|
DAI Organization and Values
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
The Land Registration in Merged Areas (LRMA) activity is a United States Agency for International Development, (USAID) funded project that will support the establishment of a land registration system in the seven districts of the Merged Areas. The activity will improve the accessibility of land records; effectuate land transactions; allow the use of land as collateral and complement the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s efforts under the Settlement and Land Record activity.
The position (s) is intended to support the Land Registration in Merged Areas (LRMA) Activity, in complementing and multiplying the efforts made by LRMA at the field level to facilitate Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa for the establishment of a land settlement and registration system in the seven sub-districts of the Merged Areas. The position (s) will assist activities related to mass awareness, community mobilization, public outreach, and dispute resolution (informal process) in selected merged areas of Bajaur, Bannu, Khyber, Kohat, Kurram, and Peshawar districts. Social Development Officer is expected to adopt a community-based, inclusive and rights-based approach to aware, mobilize and deal with concerns that arise during the land registration and settlement process. The position will report to the Community Mobilization and Engagement Specialist (CMES) and will be based in and Settlement Office (SO)/ Service Delivery Centre (SDC) in the target areas of LRMA.
Role & Responsibilities
The SDO will be responsible to carry out the following responsibilities:
- The position will be responsible to assist the implementation of overall LRMA awareness, mobilization, and engagement strategy at community level in the target areas.
- Establish coordination between LRMA activity and GoKP revenue staff at the field level.
- Responsible to supervise and provide technical backstopping to social mobilization activities in their respective districts.
- Encourage and mobilize local CBOs and rightful landholders to support settlement activities and enable an environment for revenue officers toward land settlement and registration.
- Facilitate GOKP revenue staff in addressing concerns that arise around the land settlement process
- Identify potential participants for Community Capacity Building (CCB) activities and ensure their participation in the in-house training workshops in Peshawar.
- Assist field research activities pertaining to baseline, assessment, and case studies and develop success stories with photo records
- Assist public outreach & engagement team to plan and organize outreach events for mass awareness and community engagement
- Assist gender empowerment and social inclusion (GESI) lead of LRMA to support the implementation LRMA gender action plan.
- Assist private sector engagement (PSE) lead of LRMA to support the implement private sector engagement strategy.
- Supervise Community Mobilizers and Community Outreach Associates in their respective districts.
- Contribute to work plans, reports, and assessment
- Provide field-level guidance and facilitation to the team members
- Ensure timely development and submission of activity reports
- Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor
- A bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in the social sciences.
- Applicant must be resident of the sub-district where the position is based and possess the domicile of the same district.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience.
The services of consultant along with note-take....