|Posted date||27th January, 2023||Last date to apply||3rd February, 2023|
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
As a Digital and Social Media Officer you will be responsible for handling the social media platforms, and the website, conceiving and designing IEC materials, audio visual services, designing publications, booklets, brochures, capacity statements, etc. You will also provide support to the Advocacy, Communications, Campaigns, and Media unit for ensuring Save the Children’s visibility through print and publication material, capacity building of implementation teams and field staff and developing visibility materials.
The role holder is responsible for delivering strong media engagement, products and opportunities (traditional and social media) to help advance the profile of Save the Children key moments.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Plan and execute strategic communications and media (all channels) strategy to increase reach, engagement, profile and voice for Save the Children (SCI).
- Managing social media platforms from front as well as back end with analytical reporting, and building engagement to enhance voice and awareness using digital media channels such as Twitter and Facebook.
- Creating content for digital media platforms and updating the website regularly.
- Strategically designing digital and social media campaigns in line with all projects’ guidelines, including humanitarian response.
- Responsible for conceiving ideas and designing products, such as communications and IEC materials, and takes initiatives to prepare visibility materials for enhancing the profile of all projects.
- Providing support and build capacity of the operations/program teams, and implementing partners, also guiding them on the correct use of branding guidelines, and ensuring compliance with the branding guidelines of Save the Children and the donor in all internal and external communication.
- Ensuring proper safeguarding protocols to be followed in all communication visibility material.
- Supporting the Country Office Communications team in developing quality content for Save the Children’s visibility.
- Regularly communicating with external stakeholders including Pakistan Humanitarian Forum (PHF) and the Government of Pakistan.
- Coordinating with vendors, such as printers, to ensure quality products and maintain databases of the same.
- Drafting statements, talking points, blog posts, op-eds, speeches and press releases.
- Photography and videography in field to collect content for the digital and social media, and related platforms.
- Developing daily program updates, weekly ACCM and donor updates, and development and humanitarian program briefs, reports, and communication packs.
- Organizing and attending workshops, conferences, meetings, and events as assigned by the supervisor.
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor and senior management.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and members accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Creates a managerial environment to lead, enable and maintain our culture of child safeguarding.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a country wide/global scale
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Cuts away bureaucracy and encourages an entrepreneurial approach
honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence displays consistent excellent judgement
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Two to three years of experience working as a communications professional for a non-profit, or for-profit; or related professional experience.
- Advanced knowledge of graphics designing software, including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign and some knowledge of Adobe After Effects, and CorelDraw, etc is an added benefit.
- Experience in producing and editing video content using video making softwares like Adobe Premiere Pro is an added benefit.
- Handling Facebook Ads Manager and generating reports.
- Experience in handling photography and videography devices.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, fluency in English and Urdu, good organization and coordination skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook.
- Sound understanding and knowledge of designing with regard to balanced layouts, complimenting colours, etc.
- Experienced in dealing with external organisations and individuals.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
Creates a managerial environment to lead, enable and maintain our culture of child safeguarding
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
NOTE: As the position advertised is for Emergency response; to fill the position on urgent basis, position might close before due date.
FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
- Requires you to add current salary information.
- Requires you to add cover letter.
- Requires a minimum of 2 years of experience
- Resume attachment is required.
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 3: the role holder will have contact wi....
CARE is a leading global humanitarian and development organization. ....