DAI Organization and Values
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
The Land Registration in Merged Areas (LRMA) activity is a United States Agency for International Development, (USAID) funded project that will support the establishment of a land registration system in the seven districts of the Merged Areas. The activity will improve the accessibility of land records; effectuate land transactions; allow the use of land as collateral and complement the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s efforts under the Settlement and Land Record activity.
The position(s) is intended to support the Land Registration in Merged Areas (LRMA) Activity, in complementing and multiplying the efforts made by LRMA at the field level to facilitate the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa for the establishment of land registration and settlement system in the seven districts of the Merged Areas. The position (s) will assist mobilization activities to strengthen community women's access to land registration and settlement services in selected merged areas of Bajaur, Bannu, Khyber, Kohat, Kurram, and Peshawar districts. Community Outreach Associate(s) is expected to support the settlement and registration team in the seven subdivisions to inform, educate and engage community women in the settlement activities. The outreach activities will enable women from merged areas to learn about and to get benefited from the GoKP Land settlement and registration system. The position will report to the Social Development officer (SDO) and will be based in the Service Delivery Centre (SDC) and Settlement Office (SO) in the target areas of USAID’s LRMA activity.
Role & Responsibilities:
The COA will be responsible to carry out the following responsibilities:
- Educate, mobilize and engage community women on the GoKP land settlement and Registration system at the community level in the target areas.
- Assist SDO in designing and implementing women’s engagement activities in their respective districts.
- Organize awareness meetings for community women with the support of revenue staff / Local administration of GoKP in the schools or other appropriate places for community women in the target areas.
- Support the communication campaigns and dissemination of awareness messages through local media platforms and through women-appropriate local platforms.
- Assist SDO to identify potential women participants for community capacity building (CCB) activity and ensure community members participated in the in-house training workshops in Peshawar.
- Assist field research activities pertaining to baseline, assessment, and case studies, and develop success stories with photo records
- Assist the Gender Empowerment and Social Inclusion (GESI) lead of LRMA to facilitate the implement the LRMA gender action plan.
- Liaison with community mobilizer to plan and organize female outreach events for mass awareness and community engagement
- Prepare logistics and reporting of all women's outreach activities in the targeted areas.
- Provide field-level recommendations to Community Mobilization and Engagement Specialist, Social Development Officers and Community Mobilizers related to the engagement of women.
- Any other related tasks assigned by the supervisor
- An intermediate diploma is required (Higher Secondary or A level), and a bachelor’s degree in the social sciences is preferred.
- Applicant must be resident of the sub-district where the position is based and possess the domicile of the same district.
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years of relevant experience.