CARE is a leading global humanitarian and development organization. In Pakistan, CARE started its operations in 2005 and since then has supported the Government of Pakistan’s efforts to reduce poverty and suffering of the people affected by disasters. CARE’s programs focus on helping Pakistan achieve its Sustainable Development Goals especially in the areas of Health, Education, Women’s Economic Empowerment and Emergency Preparedness and Response (EPR). Since starting operations in Pakistan, CARE has responded with life-saving support to a series of large-scale disasters. Through emergency programs, CARE International in Pakistan (CIP) has provided relief, recovery and rehabilitation support to millions of Pakistanis affected by disastrous floods, earthquakes and displacement. CIP works through its local partners and a range of stakeholders for development, as well as emergency response related interventions, which makes collaboration a key component of its work, across the country. We are a nationally inclusive organization that strives to support the most vulnerable communities all over Pakistan, with particular attention to women and girls and youth.
I. Job Summary:
The opportunity is to raise funds for Humanitarian program of CARE in Pakistan; to ensure quality and consistency in relationships with institutional donors; CARE Member countries and consortiums; to support programme teams in developing proposals and budgets specifically on the recent ongoing flood response. This position will report directly to the BD Manager.
II. Job Responsibilities and Task:
- Lead the process and prepare funding narrative and financial proposals for different institutional donors for flood emergency response.
- Support the BD Manager and CD at CARE and Humanitarian team in maintaining and strengthening relationships with the donors for discuss progress and matters related to funding
- Monitor donor funding allocations against program budget, advise on donor rules and give feedback to create consistency between narrative and financial reports
- Review donor contracts and ensure compliance of donor requirements in line with the response strategy and plan of CARE in Pakistan.
- Support the Response Manager to maintain coordination with I/NGOs, networks and other key stakeholders to manage risks and explore opportunities. Advise on possible consortiums and partnerships to be established for the response.
- Support BD and Country Director in strategic positioning of new funding opportunities and forming strategic consortiums with like-minded organizations
- Prepare comparison reports for any variances between donors’ requirements, funding record and programme’s financial and progress status
- Provide information, guidance and capacity building support to the teams at CARE regarding donor contract management especially on the donor’s budget & reporting
- Develop donor tracker for upcoming funding opportunities
- Develop database of foundations, corporates donors, institutional and non-institutional donors
Any other task as assigned by the supervisor:
- Any other tasks or responsibilities based on organizational and programming need as assigned by Line Manager.
- Safety and Security is everyone’s responsibility within CI through full compliance and accountability (as per Principle of the CARE International Safety & Security Principles).
III. Problem Solving
Levels one and two of problem solving apply to the incumbent. The incumbent will be involved in daily routine activities, s/he also uses interpolative skills to pick and choose the right solution to address given problems.
IV. Qualifications (Know How)
- Bachelors in development studies, Social sciences or any other relevant field. Preference will be given to a higher qualification.
- 5 to 8 years of experience in writing proposals for emergency response to major institutional donors, foundations and appeals.
- Demonstration of writing the winning proposals for ECHO, EC, United states Government, GAC, FCDO and private foundations and corporates.
- Sound understanding on life saving, early recovery to development phase of the disasters.
- Experience of designing and managing major donor projects and understanding of donor compliance
- Experience of managing technical aspects of projects implemented by local partners
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options, and think and plan strategically
- Experience in representing an organization in the coordination mechanism in emergency contexts.
- Excellent English writing and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable with high levels of ambiguity and able to take decisions independently in fluid context.
- Commitment to CARE values and Safeguarding.
Respect, accountability, building commitment, stress tolerance, collaboration, contributing to team success, customer focus and information monitoring.
Team work – Able to work effectively with other people within a work group.
Writing – Able to communicate ideas and information in writing to ensure that information and messages are understood and have the desired impact.
V. Working Conditions and Level of Travel Required
The position is based in Islamabad with around 30% travel to field as per organizational and function requirement.
CARE International in Pakistan is an equal opportunity employer; only individuals who are shortlisted will be contacted for an interview. CARE has a zero-tolerance approach toward sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, and child abuse.
Note: Individuals can apply using Brightspyre or send their resumes directly to [email protected] clearly mentioning the position title in the subject line of the email, before the stated deadline. Please share your current as well as salary expectation along with the CV.