Job Description-Admin & Finance Officer
(Project Title: Improving Equitable Access and Quality of Education for Afghan Refugees and Vulnerable Host Communities in Pakistan)
Location: WEO Head Office with need-based travel to project districts i.e. Mansehra, Kohat and Bannu.
Gender: Both men and women can apply: qualified women are encouraged to apply.
Core Job Responsibilities/Specifications: The Admin & Finance Officer’s responsibilities/specifications include but are not limited to the following:
- Supervise and coordinate the provision of all administrative, financial, personnel support requires to the project, ensuring that appropriate control reporting structure are maintained in accordance with organizational rules and regulations.
- Coordinate and act as focal point for issues relating to Personnel.
- Implement financial policies and procedures and also coordinate procurement, competitive bidding etc.
- Processes supplier invoices, maintain the purchase order system, ensure data is entered into the system, issue Cheques for all accounts due, and ensure security for all credit cards and verify charges.
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system, prepare income statements, balance sheets, monthly financial statements, and quarterly reports and report on variances.
- Assist with the annual audit, maintain financial files and records, the accounts payable and accounts receivable systems in order to ensure complete and accurate records of all moneys.
- Reconcile the accounts payable, prepare journal summaries, reconcile the accounts receivable, compile source documents, issue receipts, reconcile weekly deposits and Motor Vehicle and other government services transactions.
- Assist with preparation of the budget, establish and maintain cash controls and reconcile the general ledger
- Manage cash controls as well as maintain book keeping up-to-date, ensure maintenance of the general and subsidiary ledgers.
- Track investments and maintain relevant cash reserves, ensure all expenses are within assigned project budget.
- Ensure data integrity in all admin and financial reporting; perform finance analysis, reporting and management tasks.
- Identify and resolve invoicing issues, accounting discrepancies and other financial related issues, and review financial paperwork and procedures and make appropriate changes.
- Monitor cash reserves and investments, repair and reconcile bank statements, and establish and maintain supplier accounts.
- Supervise plans related to the security and safety of project personnel and property and submits required security reports
- Manage Admin/HR and operational issues, and oversee activities related to logistical support.
- To allocate resources as required ensuring the successful operation of the project;
- Represent organizational positively and professionally both inside and outside the organization.
- Adhere to organizational policies/procedures including finance, human resources, security, procurement and logistics; and ensure staff compliance.
- To undertake other duties as requested by the Finance Manager/ Manager Operations.
- Fluency in English writing and speaking is required
- Problem solving
- Computer skills with accounting software, spreadsheet, and financial analysis.
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Pashto speaking is mandatory.
- Masters/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or M. Com or Master in Economics related field.
- Demonstrated work experience of 5 years is required in the same field.
Note: Positions will be filled on rolling basis.