Job Title: Finance & Operations Officer
Department: Finance & Operations Department
Contract Length: till Febryary-2023
Responsible to: Manager Finance & Operations
The Finance & Operations Officer will contribute to the flood response 2022; therefore, he/she would be working under tight deadlines and expertise in required field is needed to respond efficiently to this national emergency. While support the programmes and projects of the HelpAge through finance & procurement support, individual will be managing & support project related procurement and will be building partners capacity and relevant stakeholders.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Develop supply/procurement plans for emergency response in collaboration with programme staff of HelpAge and partners
- Ensuring full compliance of procurement activities with the HelpAge’s rules, regulations, policies and strategies, implementation of the effective internal control, proper functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system
- Be responsible for the overall management of procurements, contracts, and framework agreements in line with HelpAge guidelines, policies, procedures, and donors’ requirements
- Lead on procurement activities for emergency response and implementation of all standard tools and systems (management, training and roll-out), as necessary
- Maintain effective and timely communication with partner organisations for reception and delivery of goods to field locations
- To provide support in work with Country Office Finance and partner finance teams to complete the record for each project audit in line with donor and HelpAge’s polices
- Assist SFO in Implement and administer HelpAge systems for internal Control, compliance, accounting and data processing and finance reporting functions in accordance with donor regulations.
- Manage projects accounting and financial by ensuring that appropriate control and reporting structures and maintained in accordance with organization and donor agency financial rules and regulations, and coordinate use of filed financial resources
- Proper documentation of Partner and Sub-office communication/correspondence.
- Assist in preparation of Budgets for Partner and HAI Pakistan.
- Communication with Partner and Sub-office for their capacity building.
- Daily management of the finance assistant and field finance assistant
- Any other task assigned by line manager
- Preventing harm and abuse from our people, operations and programmes to anyone that encounters our work;
- Report all safeguarding incidents they see, hear, hear about or suspect, using our internal reporting mechanism;
- Complying with all safeguarding framework policies and practices
- Completing mandatory training courses relating to our safeguarding policy framework and comply with HR vetting procedures.
- Reducing the risk of harm and abuse in the field;
- Involving communities in the design of programmes and complaint response mechanisms, be responsible for implementation and review;
- Attending specialist field training on safeguarding as required;
- Maintaining maps of support services for survivors;
- Receiving and responding to complainants/survivors and ensuring that no further harm is done, following a survivor-centred approach, using the principles of psychological first aid, and signposting to relevant local services as needed
- Reporting all safeguarding incidents, they become aware of
Experience & Skills:
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in relevant filed
- 3-4 years of relevant professional experience in any INGO or Donor agency
- Having good hands-on drafting vendors contracts and related procurement reports
- Proven administrative, problem solving and organisational skills.
- Understanding of Financial & procurement systems
- Strong communication skills
- Good skills of computer (MS Office including database management)
- Problem solving skills in day to day and crisis situations
we work hard to achieve our goals together as a team with a clear shared purpose. Everyone who works at the organization shares our values and are committed to behaviours that demonstrate and support them.
Our values inform how we work together:
We respect people, value diversity and are committed to equality.
We value and recognise the contribution of our staff and network members as we put older people at the centre of everything we do.
We work alongside network members and others to increase reach, influence and impact. We are committed to a culture of collaboration and building positive relationships.
We are passionate about learning, accountable and work together to find creative solutions
We committed to creating an inclusive working environment, promoting and providing equal opportunities and respecting diversity in employment. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of their age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. Local candidates will be given preference. We encourage and facilitate a flexible working environment.
Note: Positions will be filled on rolling basis.