Job Title: MEAL Officer
Department: Humanitarian and Resilience Department
Contract Length: till Febryary-2023
Responsible to: Program Manager - Humanitarian and Resilience
HelpAge International is participating in flood 2022 emergency response through its implementing partners in the provinces of Sindh, Baluchistan, KPK and Punjab with focus on inclusion of Olde people, People with Disability (PWDS), women and children. The purpose of the position is to establish a system to integrally monitor, evaluate, gather learning for all programs implementation processes and track impacts with the aim to increase the quality of HelpAge’s Humanitarian response programme and ensure an appropriate level of accountability at all levels.The MEAL Officer will support the project management in planning, implementation, reporting and monitoring/evaluation activities and ensuring proper complaints and feedback mechanism in the field and reporting.
The MEAL Officer will be responsible to support in planning, implementation and ensuring qualitative and quantitative monitories to assess the project is on track. The position holder will recommend and forward suggestions for smoothly implementation of the activities in time and ensure value for money. He/she will support in developing analytical reports for project management and support in coordination with the relevant stakeholders and support in development of IEC material and case studies for the project.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
The MEAL officer will ensure the data collection, analysis, documenting learnings, evaluate impact and also ensure accountability and efficiency for project in the field. The specific responsibilities of MEAL officer are:
- Promote understanding and capacities within projects teams on MEAL, and the use and /or analysis of MEAL systems at the project and partner levels
- Support all M&E initiatives for project including monitoring, quality data collection, tracking the progress of activities and contributing to staff capacity building initiatives as necessary
- Establish an overall participatory monitoring framework for humanitarian programme (specifically ongoing flood response) including accountability and learning tools, conducting field MEL exercise and data management and analysis
- Support Project Management in defining and implementing the key project performance indicators as well as monitoring them throughout the project period
- Assist Emergency Coordinator in proposing strategies to increase the data use and demand amongst the project staff
- Assist project staff and the emergency coordinator in clarifying project information needs
- Support Emergency Coordinator and other project staff on ways to properly document; organize and capture the project progress
- Provide technical guidance to partners in the quantitative & qualitative data collection, analysis and management and report back in an effective manner
- Ensure CRM/CFM should be functional in the field and report on monthly basis
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection and management systems and propose solutions to Emergency Coordinator
- Analyse changes and patterns in Key Performance Indicator data and performance reports to support the Project management
- Manage, maintain and update monthly database on regular basis
- Support and participate in project/program evaluations
- Document lessons learnt and good practices and share them with all concerns
- Support Project management in reviewing donor reports to ensure high quality reports are submitted on time
- Ensure timely data entry in databases
- To coordinate the planning, implementation, and monitoring of project activities, including field visits, as per the project requirements
- Delivering any other responsibility assigned by the Line Manager
- Preventing harm and abuse from our people, operations and programmes to anyone that encounters our work;
- Report all safeguarding incidents they see, hear, hear about or suspect, using our internal reporting mechanism;
- Complying with all safeguarding framework policies and practices
- Completing mandatory training courses relating to our safeguarding policy framework and comply with HR vetting procedures.
- Reducing the risk of harm and abuse in the field;
- Involving communities in the design of programmes and complaint response mechanisms, be responsible for implementation and review;
- Attending specialist field training on safeguarding as required;
- Maintaining maps of support services for survivors;
- Receiving and responding to complainants/survivors and ensuring that no further harm is done, following a survivor-centred approach, using the principles of psychological first aid, and signposting to relevant local services as needed
- Reporting all safeguarding incidents, they become aware of
Experience & Skills:
- Master’s Degree in social sciences from a recognized institute
- 2-3 years working experience in Monitoring and Evaluation of projects
- Capacity to produce high-quality briefs and reports (narrative, analytical and graphical)
- Good level of proficiency in Microsoft office
- Good knowledge of quantitative/qualitative data analysis
- Ability to design M&E tools
- Ability to support in designing surveys, surveillance systems, and evaluations,
- Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others in accountability and CRM
- Strong interpersonal skills
we work hard to achieve our goals together as a team with a clear shared purpose. Everyone who works at the organization shares our values and are committed to behaviours that demonstrate and support them.
Our values inform how we work together:
We respect people, value diversity and are committed to equality.
We value and recognise the contribution of our staff and network members as we put older people at the centre of everything we do.
We work alongside network members and others to increase reach, influence and impact. We are committed to a culture of collaboration and building positive relationships.
We are passionate about learning, accountable and work together to find creative solutions
We committed to creating an inclusive working environment, promoting and providing equal opportunities and respecting diversity in employment. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of their age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. Local candidates will be given preference. We encourage and facilitate a flexible working environment.
Note: Positions will be filled on rolling basis.