DAI Organization and Values
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
The Land Registration in Merged Areas (LRMA) activity is a United States Agency for International Development, (USAID) funded project that will support the establishment of a land registration system in the seven districts of the Merged Areas. The activity will improve the accessibility of land records; effectuate land transactions; allow the use of land as collateral and complement the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s efforts under the Settlement and Land Record activity.
The position(s) is intended to support the Land Registration in Merged Areas (LRMA) Activity, in complementing and multiplying the efforts made by LRMA at the field level to facilitate Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa for the establishment of land registration and settlement system in the seven districts of the Merged Areas. The position (s) will assist mobilization activities related to public outreach, and dispute resolution (informal process) in selected merged areas of Bajaur, Bannu, Khyber, Kohat, Kurram, and Peshawar districts. Community Mobilizer(s) is expected to support the settlement and registration team in the seven subdivisions to address issues and concerns arising from the transition to formal systems of land governance. The mobilization activities will enable communities to learn about the new land settlement and registration system of GoKP and to apply local context, knowledge, and experience to resolve land-related disputes at the local level. The position will report to the Social Development officer (SDO) and will be based in Settlement Office (SO)/ Service Delivery Centre (SDC) in the target areas of LRMA.
Role & Responsibilities:
The CM will be responsible to carry out the following responsibilities:
- Assist the overall LRMA community mobilization activities at the community level in the target areas.
- Assist SDO in designing and implementing of community mobilization activities in their respective target areas
- Organize community awareness meetings with the revenue officials of GoKP in the community centers (Hujra/Schools) in the target areas.
- Support the communication campaigns and dissemination of awareness messages through local media platforms and through physical meetings.
- Support revenue officer to address concerns that arise around the land settlement process
- Assist SDO to identify potential participants for community capacity building (CCB) activity and ensure community members' participation in the in-house training workshops in Peshawar.
- Assist field research activities pertaining to baseline, assessment, and case studies, and develop success stories with photo records
- Assist outreach associates to plan and organizing female outreach events for mass awareness and community engagement
- Prepare logistics of all outreach/mobilization/engagement activities in the targeted areas.
- Provide field-level recommendations to SDO and community mobilization and engagement specialists.
- Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor
- An intermediate diploma is required (Higher Secondary or A level), and a bachelor’s degree in the social sciences is preferred.
- Applicant must be resident of the sub-district where the position is based and possess the domicile of the same district.
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years of relevant experience.