The GLOW Consultants (Pvt) Limited is SECP registered Islamabad based development consultancy firm. It provides specialist consultancy services to donor agencies, major national and international NGOs, international consultancy firms and research institutes. GLOW Consultants is providing research, evaluation, analysis and other related services in development and humanitarian sector including for Afghan refugees. Current members of GLOW team has worked for DFID, USAID, AusAID (DFAT), EU, ECHO, SDC, World Bank and various UN agencies funded programmes.
Following are the key focus areas of Glow Consultants:-
-Monitoring and evaluation of programs;
- Proposal development and programme design;
- Training, communication and workshop facilitation;
- Networking and project startup;
- Desk studies, policy, social and economic analysis;
- Mentoring, career counseling and peer reviews;
and - Other customized services as required by organizations.
Position Title: Programme Officer
Reporting To: Team Lead & Principal Consultant
- Represent GLOW Consultants in external meetings;
- Monitor and report on field activities;
- Support report writing, proposal writing and data analysis;
- Travel to the field, as and when required;
- Search for new work opportunities through advertised openings;
- Secondary data collection; literature/desk reviews;
- Data Analysis for report writing. Includes quantitative (excel sheets/ surveys) and qualitative (KIIs/FGDs etc.);
- Preparation of supplementary information on GLOW Consultants (website text, company profile etc., consultant roster, work experience lists);
- Attending pre-bid and inception meetings, as well as interviews for assignments, when required;
- Miscellaneous support work on GLOW Consultants assignments, as well as supporting the Principal Consultant and Team Lead with individual assignments;
- Any other tasks assigned by Team Leader/Principal Consultant.
- Minimum having Bachelor's degree, preferably Master’s degree, in a related field (e.g. Economics, Political Science, Communication, Social Sciences etc.).
Required Experience & Skills:
- Prior experience in development / social / humanitarian sector is preferred
- Excellent English report writing, MS Office and analytical skills
- Data analysis and charting / visualizing skills on MS Excel / SPSS a plus
- Prior experience in proposal writing and report writing a definite plus
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and to do multi-tasking.
- Fluency in English and Urdu
- Knowledge of local languages (Pushto, Punjabi, Saraiki, Chitrali etc) a plus.
Competencies and Values:
- Ability to gather and interpret data, reach logical conclusions and present findings
- Good critical thinking skills
- Ability to travel to the field
- Respect for diversity, integrity and professionalism
- Awareness and sensitivity regarding gender, disability and other marginalisation issues
- Accountability, creative problem solving, effective communication and team player.