An international non-profit organization that works with people around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources seeks applications for the position of Community Organizer to be based in Kunri - Sindh.
- The Community Organizer will coordinate project activities in respective communities, liaise with community-based groups, mobilize project participants and support the achievement of Project goals and objectives.
- Under the Supervision of Value Chain Specialist, Community Organizer will be responsible for providing support in implementing and reporting on project activities.
- Organize and strengthen the Producer Groups into viable community-based organizations.
- Identify and engage primary producers of Tomato & Chili, food processors, agro-dealers and other potential community members to participate in project activities.
- Coordinate the identification of needs for capacity-building and the subsequent conduct of trainings and related-capacity building activities for producer groups and other project partners.
- Assist in the development, promotion and use of appropriate technologies related to agricultural productivity, marketing and food safety.
- Constantly identify, build relationships and liaise with like-minded groups and/or entities particularly those whose ventures are aligned with the project’s objectives i.e. value chains development of selected commodities.
- Regularly gather information relevant to the project.
- Must have Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or any other related discipline.
- Minimum four (4) years’ experience of community mobilization in community development projects.
- Experience of working with donors, NGOs, and government agencies.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, Urdu and Sindhi languages.
- Willing to travel to all districts of Sindh.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
Note: Individuals can apply using Brightspyre or send their resumes directly to [email protected] clearly mentioning the position title in the subject line of the email latest by 18 November 2022.