RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
Emergency Project Management and Implementation
- Engage with local partners for emergency response following the process agreed upon under the Emergency Preparedness Plan
- Provide guidance to partners at all stages of the humanitarian program cycle.
- Provide technical guidance and oversight in ensuring management of sub-unit resources, budgets, processes and projects being implemented.
- Provide technical quality assurance for all humanitarian program interventions and represent HF in clusters and other forums at national and provincial levels.
- Manage emergency project budgets and ensure donor compliances.
- Coordinate and collaborate with relevant technical and support departments for the development and implementation of effective humanitarian programs.
- Ensure planning of safe delivery and distribution of goods/ services to beneficiaries, including advising on and adhering to standard operating procedures (SOPs), safety, and security measures.
- Ensure maximized utilization of assigned human resources and keep HOD informed about potential needs for emergency response.
- Work with Partners to advocate/strengthen/develop national-level policies, procedures, and Pakistan’s governance framework, relevant to HF; with particular focus on ensuring the delivery of an effective, efficient, timely humanitarian response to natural and man-made disasters.
- Liaise with the program support function as appropriate to identify and plan the support needed for the implementation of humanitarian projects across Pakistan.
- Promote the development, adaptation, testing, and mainstreaming of best practices in needs assessment, project design, implementation, and closure.
- Develop and deliver capacity-building initiatives in identified areas, including training, and mentoring of project staff, and partner organizations and targeting communities based on gaps in specific areas of knowledge and practice.
- Ensure effective and efficient program monitoring and reporting processes are in place and implemented in full collaboration with the relevant team.
- Support the humanitarian project efforts in ensuring the production of high-quality, analytical reports, and collection, analysis, and dissemination of relevant information and data relevant to the emergency intervention and response.
- Coordinate HF efforts in ensuring that relevant information/ reports of all projects under the humanitarian portfolio are submitted to relevant stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Liaise with the HF Security Team to ensure compliance with Security Guidelines and their effective application in the local context.
- Evaluate, monitor, and review to ensure strict compliance of program activities with HF humanitarian policy and with relevant donor regulations and agreements.
Emergency Preparedness and Planning
- Assess ongoing humanitarian situation and gaps in Pakistan, prepare Emergency Alert and Situation reports as per HF protocols.
- Update the emergency preparedness plan (EPP) and contingency plan annually.
- Identify partners, sign MoUs, and build capacity for effective and timely emergency response.
- Work closely with the program and finance team to systematically develop the capacity of strategic local partners.
- Regularly attend key stakeholders’ meetings and be part of the technical working groups and relevant platforms to ensure HF’s representation and feedback related to preparedness plans and strategies.
- Establish strong relationships with donors, clusters, local authorities, partner organizations and local communities as appropriate.
Resource Mobilization and External Representation
- Initiate, maintain, and strengthen relationships with donors to develop concept notes, proposals, and budgets to enable the expansion and scale-up of the humanitarian portfolio of HF.
- Lead and develop integrated and sector-specific proposals and budgets, Flash Appeal, and Institutional and Corporate Funding for timely initiation of emergency response and early recovery interventions.
- Ensure that issues of protection, gender, livelihoods, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and environmental impact, operations, maintenance and sustainability are factored into the program design taking full account of local conditions, resources, customs and cultural norms.
- Represent HF’s humanitarian response to local authorities, donors and members of the humanitarian community.
- Be responsible for ongoing coordination and representation of HF to relevant organizations, particularly government officials, UN, INGOs, communities, and donors as appropriate.
- Build evidence of best practices in humanitarian response and resilience programming and ensure the field teams incorporate the practices into the program whilst also enabling them to present at local and global forums.
- Support business development efforts in building new partnerships, finding donor opportunities, and developing proposals, linked with the development portfolio of HF.