Jhpiego, a global leader in improving health care for women and families, seeks a Senior Program Officer, based in Islamabad, to assist BMGF funded family planning program in province of Punjab, to be carried out in close collaboration with the Department of Health (DoH), Population Welfare Department (PWD) and with other relevant partners, with the unified purpose of contributing to the FP2020 targets by enhancing women’s access to quality FP services. The Senior Program Officer (SPO) is responsible to assist in overall team management, program implementation and field coordination and perform following activities:
- Track progress against program implementation plans in close collaboration with research and finance leads
- Facilitate in planning events, workshops, field visits and team meetings
- Contribute in development of project communication material through collaborative working with communication expert and field teams
- Assist in follow up with finance and program staff to develop and track program budgets and to implement activities within approved budgets
- Develop and maintain reporting calendar as per donor requirements
- Document activity progress as per donor and organization reporting requirements
- Facilitate in finalization and timely submission of program reports to donor and HQ through collaborative working with communication specialist and project teams
- Prepare presentations on progress, achievements and lessons learned to key stakeholders including DoH, PWD and other relevant partners.
- Help prepare and manage short- and long-term consultants contributing to program efforts
- Prepare program updates for internal and external dissemination as and when required
- Track progress against rirsk mitigation and sustainability plans with teams
- Contribute in documentation of program case studies, success stories and updates for internal and external dissemination
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Masters’ degree in social science, public health or relevant field with 3 - 5 years’ experience in program support role in health and/or family planning programs
- Proven communication, coordination and documentation skills and expertise
- Knowledge of field work, stakeholders and project management tools
- Ability to develop reports and use of social media
- Good understanding of family planning interventions
- A good team player and strong coordination skills
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to travel within country
- Covid vaccination certificate would be desirable as per government protocols.
Note: Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted. The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. Failure to follow the instructions of applying, your application would be denied.
For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at www.jhpiego.org