Chemonics International seeks a Procurement Assistant for its USAID Pakistan Investment Promotion Activity (IPA). IPA is a 5-year project that aims to promote a more stable, peaceful, and prosperous country by removing barriers to investment and trade by facilitating Pakistani-led improvements in government regulations, increasing the ease of doing business, and improving the overall investment climate.
The position of Procurement Assistant will be to support the Operations Director in delivering adequate, timely Procurement and logistical support to the technical team. The term of assignment is for the life of the project, subject to satisfactory performance. At all times candidates must adhere to, and act according to Chemonics’ Professional Code of Ethics. This position will be based in Islamabad, Pakistan.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities: Specific tasks of the Procurement Assistant include, but are not limited to:
- Under the guidance of the Operations Director, coordinate program office procurement needs, including identification of suitable vendors, collection of price quotes, and assist project operations team to document office supply inventories and maintain working relationships with appropriate vendors.
- Preparation of RFQs/RFPs, Negotiation memos, justification memos, receipt of quotations/proposals, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of subcontracts/POs in full compliance with USAID rules and regulations.
- Maintain an effective filing system (hard and soft) and update different trackers as the project requirements.
- Resolve day to day procurement/subcontract issues and ensure timely supply/services from vendors - and their payment.
- Take timely corrective actions on Subcontracts/POs with budget check errors, schedules and other problems.
- Generate different Procurement/subcontract management report on needed basis.
- Ensure implementation of procurement/operational strategies focusing on achievement of results.
- Work in close collaboration with the operations, program and management staff in IPA.
- Resolve Implement and organize procurement processes with other management and technical departments.
- Abide by all local laws, USAID regulations, and US Embassy/USAID project directive.
- Conduct all business in a manner that respects local culture.
- Always maintain high ethical standards, avoiding any actual or perceived conflicts of interest.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned by the Operations Director, Chief of Party, or the PMU which are consistent with the qualifications, scope of work and general requirements of IPA.
- Deliver adequate, timely Procurement and logistical support to the technical team, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics, development studies or a related field required.
- Minimum of 2 years of office Procurement experience; USAID experience desirable.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Strong commitment to Chemonics values including integrity
- Ability to foster and demonstrate a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation, and exceeding expectations
- Fluency in English and Urdu required
Please send electronic submissions of your CV, cover letter and 3 professional references when you apply to [email protected] by May 15, 2022. Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line. Only applications sent to the listed email will be considered. Applications without these items may not be considered. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.