JOB TITLE: CHILD CARE WORKER CUM TEACHER
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Looking for a responsible, patient, and attentive daycare worker to care for children. The daycare worker will assist by preparing meals for children in her care, maintaining their hygiene, monitoring them for health, behavioral, and emotional concerns, providing them with age-appropriate instructions, and working with parents to ensure that children are learning and socializing in a positive way. They may also assist with sterilizing toys and play areas and other duties to ensure that the children are in a safe, engaging, and clean environment.
To be successful as a daycare worker, we are looking for a person who is thorough and caring with an eye for detail, will be prepared to meet the physical demands of the position, and will have an understanding of the early childhood development needs, tools and process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attentiveness to the needs and safety of children.
- Keeping the childcare space clean, meeting hygienic standards, throughout the day
- Maintaining a safe childcare space by monitoring they are not exposed to potential risks and for their health, behavioral, and emotional issues and reporting concerns to staff and parents.
- Ensuring children are learning positive behaviors and providing guidance or approved discipline, as needed.
- Preparing children to enter the next level of care or for entry into school.
- Keeping records relating to child care.
- Developing and encouraging age-appropriate learning and socialization to ensure children learn basic skills and concepts, such as communication, manners, sharing, etc.
- Serving meals and snacks and regulating rest periods; feeding infants
- Keeping records on individual children, including daily observations and information about activities, meals served, and medications administered when and if required
- Observing and monitoring play and other activities
- Instructing children in health and personal habits, such as eating, resting, and toilet habits
- Dressing children, bathing when necessary, and changing diapers
- Organizing activities and developing curriculum for older children
- Developing a schedule for the children to maintain throughout the day
- Keeping records of each child’s progress, interests and any problems that may occur
- Maintaining contact with the children’s parents and contacting them in the case of an emergency
- Holder of bachelor’s degree and a qualified teacher
- Age should be between 25 to 40 years
- Work experience with international organization as daycare worker or as a teacher in an elementary or primary school
- Highly developed sense of responsibility, decisiveness, taking initiative, patience, and stamina to chase after, lift, or carry children.
- Record of COVID and other immunizations and the ability to pass a background check.
- Good communication, teaching, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong understanding of stages of childhood development.
- A good sense of humor.
- Office timing 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM, Monday to Friday