Consultancy for Technical Assistance
on International Climate Change Commitments
WFD Pakistan, under its Inclusive and Accountable Politics Program has been supporting evidence-based policy making by fostering and applying an environmental democracy approach. In this regard, WFD had provided technical support to the Standing Committee of Climate Change (CCC) which included development of a guide for the committee to proactively develop systems conducive for civil society interaction. In addition to the guide, WFD’s technical assistance included development of online public engagement tools such as public petitions, public hearings, an expert’s database, and an opportunity to share research on matters related to environment and climate change. Finally, WFD supported CCC to design extensive CSOs support networks, especially with the relevant subject experts in academia.
Building upon this initiative, WFD Pakistan is extending similar support to democratic institutions working at provincial level.
To support coordinated efforts to contribute to international climate change commitments such as the Paris agreement., WFD is hiring services of a consultant that will assist in developing linkages with CSO, academia, and thematic experts at provincial level through planned workshops. The assignment also focuses on promoting inter-provincial learning and experience-sharing through these workshops. For more details, please refer to attached TORs.
Team Composition reflecting proven experience and expertise in:
- Experience of working on parliamentary climate change initiatives
- Experiences of engaging CSO, academia, experts for legislative processes.
- Experience of closely working with Federal and provincial assemblies
- Proven knowledge of legislative mapping, gap analysis of federal and/or provincial legislations.
- Experience of carrying out similar assignments is strongly desired
- Understanding of parliamentary systems, culture, and practice
- Legislative systems and practice
- Strong communication skills, and ability to liaise with various stakeholders, including parliament, public, CSOs, academia and media.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills in English
- Should be registered and legally authorized to work in Pakistan.
Please send your complete application with following documents on or before 20th January 2022 24:00 (PST)
- Technical proposal with proposed methodology and tentative workplan
- Financial proposal inclusive of all taxes
- Profile/CVs of team who will you be engaged in the assignment
- Profile of firm (if applicable)
Incomplete applications will not be considered