The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Islamabad is pleased to announce its yearly internship Program for 2022.
ICRC internship program aims at promoting the general understanding of the ICRC, its mandate and activities in Pakistan and provide an opportunity for students to gain exposure to the work environment of the ICRC in Pakistan.
The interns will be working with International Humanitarian Law (IHL) department of the ICRC. During the internship period, interns will be engaged in number of tasks including legal research, drafting, vetting, organising dissemination sessions, organizational and administrative support, translation and other assignments related to various activities of the ICRC delegation in Pakistan.
We are looking for candidates who meet the following, mandatory requirements:
- LLB and sound knowledge of International Humanitarian Law (IHL).
- LL.M degree in IHL will be given preference.
- Graduates who had finished their studies in one of the above-mentioned disciplines not later than a year from the date of commencement of the internship.
- Proficiency in English and Urdu (written and spoken)
- Excellent Computer skills (standard software)
- Proven ability and willingness to work in a cross-cultural environment.
- Sound knowledge of the Pakistani legal system and International Humanitarian Law.
- Excellent analytical and drafting skills.
- Available for minimum 03 months or more.
- A manifest interest for humanitarian action/issues and the ICRC.
- Ability to think strategically, to express ideas clearly, both orally and in writing, and to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Capacity for research and analytical writing.
- Capacity for thinking out-of-the-box and for generating ideas and initiatives.
- Flexibility and ability to assist with a variety of tasks.
Important: For enrolled students, the applicant must provide in writing a permission of the full-time availability for the internship period from the head of the department, in case the applicant is selected.
Number of Internships: 03
Internship Period: 01st March 2022 – 30th June 2022 (subject to COVID situation)
Internship Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
PKR 20,000/- per month. ICRC will not provide any kind of boarding and lodging facility.
How to apply:
Your application should be submitted no later than 30.01.2022 and must comprise of:
- A complete and up-to-date CV.
- A personal statement by the student, maximum 400 words, on his/her motivation for an internship at the ICRC.
- Letter of recommendation from Dean/Head of Department.
Applications without required documents and not fullfiling the eligibilty criteria will not be considered.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an equal opportunity employer.
Females are encouraged to apply.
We are grateful to all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.