Desktop Publisher / Infographic Designer
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Functions and deliverables:
- Develop digital templates for digital and print materials including expressions of interest, proposals, resumes, past performance citations, geographic maps, knowledge products (approach papers and project reports), PPT presentations, webpage layouts, social media cards, event materials, questionnaires etc. as per company and industry design conventions.
- Produce digital and print materials including: social media graphics (social media cards, photo galleries, videos), data visualizations (fact sheets, infographics, maps, diagrams), publications and published marketing materials (brochures, pamphlets, posters, banners)
- Ensure coherent, powerful, and aesthetic visual identity and company branding of digital and print marketing materials as well as knowledge products of the company.
- In line with the respective visual identities and objectives of the projects, participate in the visual design of campaigns and communication products (media folders, animations, social media cards/visuals, newsletter templates).
- Develop, modify and document presentation styles and templates using Quark Xpress, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Develop and maintain a system of template version control, file access permissions and electronic file archival.
- Manage electronic files, records and completed assignments’ digital and hardcopies.
- Create original information graphics with Tableau, Adobe Illustrator, Power BI or other solutions.
- Create page and brochure layout using in Design and Illustrator.
- Create website UX mockups and wireframes using Adobe Illustrator.
- Research and organize content for graphics.
- Order and search for stock images.
- Transition easily between multiple topics and aesthetics.
- Incorporate feedback and updates to completed graphics (map of countries of operation etc.)
- Ensure timely delivery of graphics per assigned delivery date.
- 5+ years experience as desktop publisher / graphic designer / infographic designer.
- A bachelor’s degree in visual communications or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop), Quark Xpress and MS Office (PPT and Word).
- Proficiency in Tableaux or Power BI.
- Ability to translate information into visually stimulating and intellectually engaging illustrations, infographics and typography.
- Strong written and oral English communication skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Familiarity with relevant copyright law requirements.
- Experience in web design would be an asset.
- Experience in data manipulation in R or similar software would be an asset.
Age required: 28 to 40 years
Post advertised for 15 days