Civil Society Human and Institutional Development Programme (CHIP) is a registered not-for-profit organization working out of Islamabad in the less-developed, marginalised and remote areas of all provinces of Pakistan. It focuses on social mobilization, economic empowerment and livelihood, rehabilitation and social inclusion of persons with disability, disaster risk reduction and emergency services, education and natural resource management.
Civil Society Human and Institutional Development Programme (CHIP), seeks a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) having more than five years management/executive experience as a successful leader of a related nonprofit organization.
Considering the spread of CHIP projects (almost in all provinces) and the input, visits required to monitor the projects the candidate should be below 50 years of age.
The initial appointment is for 2-3 years period extendable/renewable for further period.
Responsible for the overall strategic leadership and management of Civil Society Human and Institutional Development Programme (CHIP) operations in the country. This includes managing partnership with implementing partners, lead and direct the office team to manage and deliver high quality and cost-effective programmes, advocacy with line agencies, donors and government. To represent CHIP and network with a wide range of stakeholders in order to promote and help achieve CHIP vision.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. Strategic Leadership and Representation
Can develop and lead strategic plans to deliver programmes which have sustainable impact on beneficiaries and raise CHIP credibility as a development organisation.
- Understanding of the Strategic Implementation and Monitoring objectives of CHIP, and lead the design and management of the CHIP Programme Portfolio.
- Build CHIP strategically by networking with development agencies, Government agencies, bi- and multi-lateral donors/agencies and other national/international development agencies.
2. Programme Management
- Can lead the Thematic programmes and projects and ensure they are planned and successfully delivered by the CHIP team in a timely manner.
- Have knowledge of research as integral component of the programme development & incorporate advocacy components to take programmes to scale
3. Team Management
Can manage & lead staff effectively as a team to meet organisational objectives and have experience to judge staff performance & development and support structures and procedures.
- Manage and lead the CHIP TEAM within a clear performance management framework and promoting a performance culture, delegation, accountability, positive communication and team work
4. Financial & Funding Management
- Can lead and guide on cost-effective and efficient use of resources to meet objectives to ensure the financial controls according to CHIP policies and procedures
- Can lead funding opportunities from existing and new donor/supporter and ensure conditions are fulfilled in line with project/grant management.
5. Planning and Reporting Management
Can lead in effective planning, operations and management to meet deadlines, set priorities & ensure timely reporting.
Reporting and Working Relationships
The CEO reports to the Board of Directors. Working with the Board, the CEO will set important goals for the organization and work systematically to achieve these. All managers and the other members of office and field staff report directly or indirectly to the CEO.
Key Credentials and Personal Qualities
- Master's Degree in Nonprofit Management, Social Sciences, Development and Business Administration, Finance, Economics or its equivalent
- 5 or more years of prior successful executive and leadership experience of a related nonprofit and/or social impact organization
- Having knowledge and experience of engaging with relevant registration authorities and government ministries and departments.
- Having extensive experience of preparing project proposals, writing reports, implementation and monitoring of development projects, fund raising and engaging with donor agencies.
- Strong motivational and staff leadership abilities
- Excellent communication, and presentation skills
- Computer knowledge and skills in the use of Microsoft Office or equivalent software required
- Interested candidates should submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and how you will be able to contribute positively towards the growth and development of the organization.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.