The Aga Khan Rural Support Programme is a private, non-profit company, established by the Aga Khan Foundation in 1982 to help improve the quality of life of the villagers of Gilgit Baltistan and Chitral. AKRSP is seeking applications from high caliber professionals for the position of Economic Inclusion Officer for Regional Programme Office Chitral.
The incumbent will be responsible to assist and ensure efficient implementation of Economic Inclusion (EI) operations and activities according to the organizational work plan at regional level.
Major responsibilities of the position are as following:
- Organize awareness events, pitch sessions and learning visits for potential entrepreneurs and market partners in the region
- Conduct rapid market assessments, sub sector analysis, studies in exploring of opportunities and gaps for EI interventions in the region
- Conduct job market assessments, employer assessments and employment sector analysis in exploring of opportunities for EI’s FoW interventions in the region
- Develop linkages and partnerships with government line departments. private sector, market associations and other enterprise support agencies to leverage programme implementation
- Organize trainings, workshops, seminars and other events in GBC as well as at national level
- Support in promoting digital and entrepreneurial culture among youth in the region
- Comply with all policies and procedures enforced by AKRSP including application of environment, gender and safeguarding policies
- Any other responsibilities allocated by the supervisor
- Set a personal example and be a role model by complying to safeguarding policy
- Take steps to educate staff of their respective departments on safeguarding policy
- Ensure staff in respective department are following safeguarding policy in later and spirit
- Help resolve complaints informally where appropriate
- Refer formal complaints to committee, SG Focal Point or concerned authorities
Required Experience: Candidate must have 3-5 years of working on women development or Gender Equality project, Capacity assessment and building of CSOs., Planning and designing of multistake-holders forum/community of practices and Policy and advocacy on human or women right.
Education: MBA / Master’s in Economics
Related Work Experience & Training: Minimum 3 years of experience in Economic/market development or related activities preferably both in development and the private sector. Knowledge of Entrepreneurship, value chain, Market Development, youth development and women development.
- Pro-active and assertive
- Good Interpersonal & communication skills
- Excellent PR with market players
- Writing & analytical skills
- IT and ICT knowledge
NOTE: AKRSP offers competitive remuneration package and conducive working environment. We are equal opportunity employer - Women candidates are preferred without compromising the set criteria and candidates having local contextual understanding would be preferred. Our recruitment and selection policy and procedures reflect our commitment to the safeguarding of children and adults in accordance with safeguarding policy. Only online applications submitted through this website before the deadline will be considered for further process. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for test/interview.