The Aga Khan Rural Support Programme is a private, non-profit company, established by the Aga Khan Foundation in 1982 to help improve the quality of life of the villagers of Gilgit Baltistan and Chitral. AKRSP is seeking applications from high caliber professionals for the position of Manager Economic Inclusion for Regional Programme Office Chitral.
The incumbent will be responsible to supervise and ensure efficient implementation of Economic Inclusion (EI) operations and activities according to the organizational work plan at regional level.
Major responsibilities of the position are as following:
- Lead and supervise EI team at regional level in planning, budgeting and operations to ensure smooth and quality implantation of all planned activities under AKRSP’s START and FoW components
- Facilitate, advocate and implement AKRSP’s Economic Inclusion Strategy in the region and develop quarterly progress reports of EI section
- Supervise market assessments to identify gaps in the supply/demand transactions of tasks and design interventions to address those
- Support in building capacities of EI staff/trainers/coaches and other partner entities to attain efficient and consolidated implementation
- Provide support in building linkages with stakeholders including line departments to strengthen business interest groups, forums, associations and chambers in the region
- Engage and facilitate formation of coalition of potential employers to implement AKRSP’s Future of Work and TVET programme targets in the region
- Promote innovation within EI portfolio, including adoption of ICT in the promotion of production, value addition, trade, entrepreneurship, and work opportunities.
- Facilitate government departments and other stakeholders in creating conducive market environment for women to initiate and manage businesses in the GBC.
- Facilitate young women and men to ease their access to potential financial and non- financial schemes offered by various institutions
- Comply with all policies and procedures enforced by AKRSP including application of environment, gender and safeguarding policies
- Any other responsibilities allocated by the supervisor
- Set a personal example and be a role model by complying to safeguarding policy
- Take steps to educate staff of their respective departments on safeguarding policy
- Ensure staff in respective department are following safeguarding policy in later and spirit
- Help resolve complaints informally where appropriate
- Refer formal complaints to committee, SG Focal Point or concerned authorities
Education: MBA / Master’s in Economics
Related Work Experience & Training: Minimum 5 years of experience in Economic/ market development or related activities preferably both in development and the private sector, particularly in the following areas:
- Planning, implementation and quality assurance.
- Youth engagement and market development
- Start-ups/entrepreneurship promotion programmes
- Women’s economic empowerment programmes
- Entrepreneurial disposition in dynamic and ambiguous contexts
- Client-oriented, proactive, creative, results-oriented and meets tight timelines
- Market development methods and approaches
- IT and ICT project design
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Good interpersonal PR skills
NOTE: AKRSP offers competitive remuneration package and conducive working environment. We are equal opportunity employer - Women candidates are preferred without compromising the set criteria and candidates having local contextual understanding would be preferred. Our recruitment and selection policy and procedures reflect our commitment to the safeguarding of children and adults in accordance with safeguarding policy. Only online applications submitted through this website before the deadline will be considered for further process. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for test/interview.