The Aga Khan Rural Support Programme is a private, non-profit company, established by the Aga Khan Foundation in 1982 to help improve the quality of life of the villagers of Gilgit Baltistan and Chitral. AKRSP is seeking applications from high caliber professionals for the position of Civil Society Officer for Regional Programme Office Chitral.
The incumbent will be responsible for overall implementation of the programme activities in the districts through promoting human -centered development approaches by engaging all stakeholders in an ongoing process of dialogue and partnerships through multi-stakeholder for a under the technical guidance and supervision of manager CS and Area manager. S/he will provide leadership and capacity building support to the civil society organisations including women organisations for implementation of the project activities on day-to-day basis. She will assure that the programmes are aligned with the guidelines provided by the technical managers to comply with the gender equality and safeguarding policies and donor reporting compliances and project milestones.
Major responsibilities of the position are as following:
- Assist Area manager in developing area specific sectoral programmes, annual work plans, progress reviews and documentation of reports on day-to-day basis.
- Assure adherence with the with the guidelines and compliance requirements received from the Core office for implementation of project activities.
- Contribute to inclusive social and human development in the programme by engaging local public and NGO sector programmes through dialogue and capacity building
- Assist local CSOs and Women led organisations in identification and selection of religious, traditional leaders and opinion makers for training and post training engagement in face to face and on air talk-shows to reduce the social, cultural, institutional, and economic barriers for women’s engagement in economic and social spheres and to enhance the social and economic agency of women.
- Identify stakeholders for establishing community of practices and at district level and actively engaged them.
- Carry out mapping and capacity assessment of women led and other civil society organisations for provision of Micro-grants to support WEE, women's economic recovery and rebuilding, and access to SGBV services and information.
- Plan, design and convene women led multistakeholder forum and conventions on annual basis in Coordination with work and enterprise staff.
- Regular interaction with civil society, civic and political institutions and local media groups to provide innovative platforms to amplify voices of women.
- Identify relevant civil society and political institutions for material support and services required for women’s participation and leadership in sports, creative arts and their participation and engagement in civic and political institutions.
- Develop resource pool of mediators, facilitators to facilitate BEST4WEER agenda at local levels.
- Supervise formation and reactivation of value based Civil society organisations to promote GE and WEE.
- Compliance with documentation and reporting requirements specified by jobholder's administrative and technical Supervisors.
- Any other responsibilities allocated by the supervisor
- Set a personal example and be a role model by complying to safeguarding policy
- Take steps to educate staff of their respective departments on safeguarding policy
- Ensure staff in respective department are following safeguarding policy in later and spirit
- Help resolve complaints informally where appropriate
Required Experience: Candidate must have 3 years of working on women development or Gender Equality project, Capacity assessment and building of CSOs., Planning and designing of multistake-holders forum/community of practices and Policy and advocacy on human or women right.
Education: Master’s in social science from a recognized institution and Specialization in Development Studies, Sociology, Anthropology, Behavioral Sciences and Political Sciences.
Special skills & Certification required: Communication and writing, Gender analysis, organizing media event, and negotiation skills. Taking innovations, conflict resolutions. Community mobilization, Organizational Capacity Assessment, Religious studies/ Women studies/Mass communication/
NOTE: AKRSP offers competitive remuneration package and conducive working environment. We are equal opportunity employer - Women candidates are preferred without compromising the set criteria and candidates having local contextual understanding would be preferred. Our recruitment and selection policy and procedures reflect our commitment to the safeguarding of children and adults in accordance with safeguarding policy. Only online applications submitted through this website before the deadline will be considered for further process. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for test/interview.