The Health Program Specialist supports the development and preparation of the Health programs and will be responsible to identify, develop, deliver, manage, monitor and report the progress of health programs/projects in HDF. The specialist will provide technical guidance and management support throughout the programming processes to facilitate the achievement of results on health programs/projects to ensure healthy lives and promote well-being in HDF’s catchment area.
Program Development & Planning
- Provide technical leadership to set priorities, strategies, design and planning of HDF Primary healthcare program to achieve program goals and objectives
- Provide technical leadership in program development, innovation and technology infusion
- Provide support in annual operational planning & budgeting of health program with consultation of field teams
- Provide technical support and explore possibilities for the expansion of HDF’s health program
- Design and develop proposals for introducing new and innovative program and projects related to health interventions
- Ensure high quality accountability, transparency in procurement of services, health material, medicines goods etc. for CHCs
- Ensure the provision of primary preventive and curative services to communities under same roof and using same resource.
- Ensure effective delivery of health program at Community Health Centre (CHC) level include OPD, lab tests, referral for admission in case of minor surgical and medical problems, safe delivery, and pharmacy.
- Overall supervision of health program activities and arrange for public consultations as required,
- Development & Review of HDF Health Policy
- Development of IEC material for the health program
Reporting & Monitoring:
- Plan and collaborate with MERL colleagues and external partners to establish monitoring benchmarks, key performance indicators to strengthen performance accountability and delivery of concrete and sustainable results.
- Prepare, or as appropriate, supervise the preparation of, progress reports, quarterly reports, and other reports that may be required by the stakeholders/donors and Head office (HO),
- Respond to all interventions in a timely manner, ensuring as far as reasonably possible that all timelines should be met,
- Responsible for maintaining the complete record of all projects relevant to Health and other assigned projects
- Ensure periodic Monitoring of the Health staff and program
Compliance and Human Resource Management
- Supervise health staff in the performance of their respective duties and ensure the efficient functioning of all health program interventions
- Ensure placement of qualified health staff in the regions including doctor, LHV, dispenser, CHWs
- Develop capacity of Health Staff including Health Coordinators, LHVs, Dispensers, LHWs
- Manage communications and ensure stakeholders are aware of program activities, progress,
- Provide all technical support to implement the program activities,
Implementation of School Health Program:
- Providing health education to HDF school children about basic hygiene, healthy habits, nutrition,
- Health education of teachers and providing annual medical checkup of the students
- Healthy environment solid waste management, removal of solid waste, reforestation conservation of renewable energy resources, adoption of drinking safe water.
- Screening and management of malnourished children.
- Community health education in the form of seminars
- Liaison with stakeholders
The person suitable for this position should have the following qualifications:
- MBBS or Master's Degree in Public Health, Health Administration, Hospital Administration from any HEC recognized institution
- Registered with PMC (Pakistan Medical Council/Commission)
- At least five years of progressively responsible experience in health program administration, at least two of which must have been with independent responsibility for a significant program, such as is normally found in a complex or departmentalized medical care delivery setting or health institution or organization.
- Experience of program development, writing grant proposals, and leading innovation in health programs is highly desired.
Assist in planning, conducting and evaluating of field projects; recommend and take actions on a variety of health programs, project activities, staffing and budgetary processes; analyze proposed legislation, regulations and health program standards;
Effective Human Resource Skill
Demonstrated ability in team management and have experience of working in hard areas
Fluency in English, Urdu and local languages