Finance Department Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa intends to hire the services of a Provincial Finance Commission (PFC) officer to look after and assist the commission in the following key areas of expertise.
Key Expertise and Responsibilities:
- Preparing technical briefs for the meeting for finance commission and make available all prescribed documents to it;
- Carrying out simulations, development of formula options, and study the different impact of various options on share;
- Receipt of reports from Local Governments as well as Provincial Finances;
- Preparation and maintenance of relevant data relating to Local Government, as may be required by the Finance Commission;
- Preparation of publication of annual report after approval by the Finance Commission;
- Liaison and coordinate with the Finance Commissions of other Provinces for exchange of ideas, information, and networking;
- Devising of formula for vertical and Horizontal distribution of development Fund amongst all tiers of Local Governments; and
- Maintenance of an integrated inter-governmental database, in such form and such standard, as may be specified from time to time;
- Evaluation of the impact of fiscal transfers on local governments and other relevant matters;
- Provision of periodic reports of the share;
- Any other relevant tasks as may be assigned by the Finance Commission;
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s Degree from a recognized University.
- Minimum 15 years post qualification experience in the relevant field of expertise.
- Know-how of the public sector is highly desirable.
Till June 30, 2022
The PFC officer will report to Deputy Secretary (PFC), Finance Department Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.