Purpose of Consultancy
The USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) bridges the USAID bilateral health systems technology and supply chain TA to the Ministry of National Health Services, Regulations and Coordination (M/oNHSR&C), National Institute of Health and provincial governments in a number of ways. This includes strengthening of supply chain systems for the Universal Health Coverage, Family Planning and MNCH. The Health System Advisor would be responsible for delivering the technical strategic, system strengthening leadership. The individual will support the Country Director and his team to keep close coordination and liaison across health and population sector and the multilateral partner organizations, technical sections of relevant ministries, departments of health, line ministries and other public and private sector stakeholders for technical matters and other functions.
The USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project is providing supply chain and technology assistance to the M/oNHSR&C for improving universal health coverage, Infectious Diseases, Family Planning and MNCH. The support is primarily focused in the areas of Health/Supply Chain Information and Analysis/ Digital Health; Health and Supply Chain Planning to achieve Universal Health Coverage, Health and Supply Chain System Strengthening, Human Resource for Health and Health Financing, strengthening Ministry’s response, TECH, and Pakistan Health Data Center.
Scope of Work
- Generate evidence and advice on policy & strategic planning, strategic frameworks and health systems at federal and provincial/area levels
- Coordinate with stakeholders on the progress of achieving targets of the National Action Plan / Framework and its leading role in strategy and policy setting in health. Guide the Project Office main deliverables through linking USAID related outputs with the overall political and environmental context and Sustainable Development Goals
- Promote a sustainable understanding amongst all stakeholders regarding health systems technology and supply chains, strengthening measures; where investment would be needed, what results to expect, and how to monitor the desired change. Moreover, provide guidance and support on how the Health System can function and perform better and align with various health systems initiatives within the country, in order to achieve enhanced efficiency by improving governance and avoiding duplications
- Develop linkages with international and national partners in health sector on issues related to health systems, supply chain, use of technology and digital health
- In coordination with all stakeholders develop Papers / Reports on cross cutting areas of systems strengthening and technology integration for injecting improved governance and accountability
- Any other relevant task assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications
The academic qualifications/skills set listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the principal duties.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health along with relevant specialized courses/ training
- At least 10-15 years’ experience of directly working with international agencies / bilateral working experience will be preferred
- Experience/knowledge of commodity security related to GHSA, UHC, FP2030, GFPVAN, MNCH, VPIDs, GVAP, MDGS and SDGs
- Sound knowledge of Pakistani bilateral, multilateral and global commitments
- Demonstrated track record of effective leadership in senior strategic and management positions and ability to create and support a culture of inclusiveness, learning and delivering results
- Experience of working and coordinating with the development and commercial sector partners
- Knowledge and working experience of donors supported project management and procedures.
- Demonstrated professional integrity and reputation of strong linkages with development partners
- Output oriented leadership skills, ability to work under pressure, effective interpersonal skills, and ability to work with a range of stakeholders
- Excellent report writing, communication and presentation skills
- Framework and trajectory of UHC service design, and delivery maturity over the course of time
- Documenting synergies with partner organizations with similar agenda to avoid duplications
- Design of discussions/agenda with outputs for concrete sustainable health financing options
- Documenting liaison with Pakistani academia to enhance domestic sustainable workforce capacity through building program on supply chain certifications for UHC
Period of Performance and LOE
The expected duration of the assignment is (6) six months with a total LOE (Level of Effort) days distributed as maximum 20 working days per month.
The consultant will report directly to the Country Director