Assistant Consultant / Consultant – project based
Public Sector Governance
Key objectives of the job
- To support delivery of the project. Ensure that the project is delivered to OPM standards of impact, client satisfaction and deadline adherence. Meet agreed annual performance agreement targets. Carry out other tasks in consultation with the portfolio leader, PSG Hub Lead and the Pakistan Country Director (70%)
- Contribute to the growth of the Public Sector Governance portfolio in Pakistan (10%)
- Develop OPM’s reputation and reach in public sector governance, with a specific focus on building OPM Pakistan’s work in policy execution, institutional development and decentralisation (10%)
- Spend time on positioning OPM as thought leader in the Pakistani market and promoting reports, knowledge products, company contributions, etc. (10%)
- Undertake technical work on OPM projects involving a range of policy, implementation, research and training-related issues, in accordance with required delivery deadlines and OPM quality and report writing standards. Support interactions with client, governments and donors.
- Organise workshops and other events related to project activities.
- Provide research support to bidding and project implementation (e.g. identify and review available research materials).
- Prepare expressions of interest and proposals for new work opportunities.
- Support successful delivery of large programme bids.
- As and when requested, support the central acquisition team in project acquisition activities such as providing clarifications on active and closed projects.
- Assist in developing and producing programme and portfolio marketing materials, including updating the programme pages of the OPM website.
- Contribute as required to general business and technical development activities such writing articles and participating in other research and publication programmes as required.
- Participate, through programme meetings and by other means, in the general development of the work of the Portfolio, the Programme and the Company in general.
- Comply with all internal policies processes and procedures including financial management systems.
- Provide administrative and organisational support. Undertake other duties reasonably required
- Education to Masters degree level in a subject relevant to OPM’s work.
- Public Sector Exposure is not a hard requirement, but will be preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to cope with several jobs simultaneously and to agreed deadlines.
- Team Player but with the ability to use own guidance and initiative to prioritise work and handle different demands appropriately.
- Ability to organise work methodically and prioritise appropriately.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and take on new challenges.
- Willingness to undertake work related travel.
Please note this is an Islamabad based role. We look forward to hearing from you.
Starting salary range for Assistant Consultant role is PKR 1,600,000 – 2,000,000 / annum
Starting salary range for Consultant role is PKR 2,240,000 – 2,800,000 / annum