The German Red Cross – Pakistan Delegation inviting applications for the post Programme Coordinator for his Peshawar Sub Office from experienced and dynamic individuals who possess a demonstrable track record of meeting challenging targets and deadlines.
Programme Coordinator - KP
Selection Criteria: (Education and Required Experience)
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences/Development Studies or similar preferred; graduate degree is also acceptable with demonstrated professional experience
- A university degree relevant specifically to PMER is a distinct asset (sociology, anthropology, etc.)
- Excellent computer software skills including MS Office and Database Management, SPSS, Excel, MS Access etc.
- Previous work experience within the humanitarian sector
- Extensive experience with writing and editing of major humanitarian project reports
- Experience with management of external relations
- Experience working with local communities and integrated programming and complex monitoring frameworks
- Excellent drafting skills and analytical abilities
- Open to working with others and with people of different cultural backgrounds
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with MS Office
- Understanding of the work, principles and ethics of the Red Cross & Red Crescent Movement
- The Programme Coordinator must be ready and willing to travel extensively
For detailed Job description/ToR’s please visit the following link or apply online at: https://new.brightspyre.com/jobs/jid/39114
Deadline for submission of applications is 28th July 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
1. Major Responsibilities:
Responsible for the implementation and all other relevant processes of the GRC supported projects, like financial supervision, monitoring, and evaluation, reporting, in close coordination with the GRC HoO, Program Delegate and PMER Manager, PRCS project managers, and PRCS Provincial Secretary and PRCS counterparts at district levels. This implies the supervision of GRC office staff and monitoring of PRCS local staff in close cooperation with PRCS Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP).
2. Supervise and support the implementation of the GRC/PRCS project portfolio:
- Overall project financial and budget management and provide supervision to financial reporting by ensuring that: vouchers received are against approved project activities, assigned the correct budget codes, and supported with all the correct supporting documents which are completely and correctly filled out
- On behalf of GRC, sign and validate financial vouchers to validate that they are correct in terms of “facts and figures”.
- Ensure that all expenditures are in complete compliance with GRC, PRCS, and donor financial reporting requirements and procurement regulations before purchase.
- Provide necessary financial approvals up to €1,000, on behalf of GRC to PRCS Project managers, for all activities implemented within GRC/PRCS projects. Vet and forward to HoO any requests that exceed €1,000.
- Supervise the implementation of GRC/ PRCS projects in close cooperation with the responsible PRCS Project Managers and PRCS Provincial Secretary according to the full project proposal as well as GRC/donors’ guidelines.
- Identification of necessary modifications of a proposed plan of action/budget and timely submission of modification request to the Program Delegate.
- Ensure that all GRC/PRCS projects are implemented in line with GRC, Sphere, Core Humanitarian and donor standards and regulations as well as according to the national law.
3. Coordination and planning:
- Communicate and consult regularly with the Program Delegate, PMER Manager, and HoO.
- Network and coordinate regularly in a proactive way with all relevant stakeholders and organizations inside and outside the RC/RC movement in close coordination with the Program Delegate and HoO.
- Support the identification, development, and writing of proposals to donors (ECHO, AA, BMZ, etc.) in both development and emergencies
- Contribute to the strategic planning of the GRC operation in Pakistan in both development and emergencies
- Identify and report to Program Delegate and HoO the needs for the operation in terms of HR and technical capacities, co-operation with other stakeholders, etc. in both development and emergencies
4. Capacity Building:
- Build and enhance the capacity of Project Staff in reporting and project administration.
- Supervise recruitment, training, and management of local staff and volunteers and coach on the job where necessary
- Conduct regular visits to actual and potential project areas in Province.
5. Monitoring and reporting:
- Ensure regular monitoring visits, in coordination with the PRCS Project manager, to project areas to collect information about project activities and the views for the beneficiaries in line with the established Community Engagement and Accountability (CEA) mechanism.
- Ensure timely narrative and financial reporting as per GRC and donors’ guidelines (Project management tool).
- Proactively support the PRCS project managers regarding the preparation and implementation of the quarterly and annual Plans of Action for all projects under your supervision.
- Ensure and support the execution of baseline and end-line surveys, mid-term and final evaluations, and reviews where and when applicable.
- Facilitate the PMER Manager on field visits and implement any monitoring activities suggested by them and approved by Program Delegate and Head of Office.