Summary: Summary: Provides overall program management assistance during the full project lifecycle by supporting sound project and program management practices to ensure successful outcomes. Contributes to the development and monitoring of project workplans and helps to track project spending. Works with a multi-disciplinary team and may serve as the Pathfinder spokesperson on behalf of the project to promote the project goals, achievements and strengths to key stakeholders. As appropriate, supports Pathfinder’s technical workstreams. Collaborates with project team on project activities that have a combined program focus. Collaborates with other members of the project team to ensure that deliverables meet the needs of intended populations.
Pathfinder is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, terms and conditions of employment consistent with the principles of equal opportunity, and an environment that supports and promotes self-development and job satisfaction for all eligible employees. Pathfinder recruits, hires, trains, transfers, and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, gender identity/expression, disability, handicap, or any other category protected by law
Key Job Outcomes:
- Project Work Plans and Execution: Supports development of and provides oversight of execution on the development of project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements. Enforces organizational standards. Ensures all project documentation is complete, current and stored appropriately.
- Financial, Resource, and Risk Management: Supports project staff to effectively procure and manage resources, following Pathfinders and/or client systems and processes. Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion. Facilitates identification of issues and resolutions to mitigate risks.
- Communicates difficult/sensitive information in accurate and timely fashion.
- Project Meetings: Facilitates team meetings.
- Donor Compliance: Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures, serving as a Trainer of Trainer on specific USG and Pathfinder rules and regulations.
- Communication: Delivers engaging informative well organized internal and external presentations.
- Technical Assistance: Provides technical assistance to country offices, host country government, local partners and other agencies by contributing to report reviews, technical reviews, identification and provision of topic-specific technical assistance and capacity building ad working with local partners. Review and provides input on project reports, data and progress against project workplans.
- Quality Assurance: Monitor and works with the technical team to ensure that best practices for services and service integration being implemented are well documented, evaluated and poised for scale up.
- Partner Management: Support the development of partner agreements, including supporting identification and tracking of deliverables and budgets.
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights, gender and climate change
- Basis Knowledge of contraception and reproductive health principles and rights, practices and services, including program strategies and indicators and the latest development in the field.
- Program and Project Planning and management: Intermediate skills in program and project management and planning to fulfill performance objectives, including the timely implementation and reporting of donor funded program activities.
- Operation and financial management: Basic knowledge of operations and financial management in developing countries.
- Presentation Skills: Ability to make presentations on results and products to diverse stakeholder groups.
- Communication Relations: Intermediate skills in facilitating working relationship between project team, donors, partners government.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products, including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook. Advanced knowledge of functional area specific software.
- Languages: Proven ability to write and speak using local language and English language
- Communication and Influencing skills: Proven ability to influence others through diplomacy and proven oral and written communication skills.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Commitment to contraception, reproductive health services and rights, gender equality
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to thrive in a matrix organization ability to be detailed oriented and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related matters.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in management public health, business, marketing, social science, or related discipline
- 2-3 years’ experience in working in development, preferably in implementing programs in developing countries.
- Prefer: 1-year international nonprofit experience in non-profit organizations
- Prefer: Experience in Project design
- Travel required (10% or less)
- Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer.