The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is looking for Legal Advisor in Islamabad Delegation.
The Legal Advisor will work closely with the legal advisor(s) and learn first hand from the IHL experts present in the IHL team. The team needs someone who will prove to be a value addition. By being eager to learn and grow, and display a good sense of professional etiquite as well as a decent understanding of International Humanitarian law.
- S/he will be expected to accompany the IHL team to meetings, events, programmes as required whilst playing a solid role in organizing such activities.
- S/he will be responsible to manage relations with external partners and consultants, monitor and update alumni lists and networks.
- S/he will support in domestic or international legal issues and therefore should demonstrate the ability to undertake a fast paced learning approach.
- S/he will also be expected to cater to all internal admin tasks.
- S/he will as a part of the IHL team be expected to supervise/guide research projects, disseminate IHL when required and be able to offer support to other departments for such.
- University Degree in Law
- 1-3 years experience in the relevant field.
- Fluent written and spoken command of English and Urdu.
- A multinational, friendly, and multicultural working environment.
- A competitive package.
- Extensive opportunities for learning and development.
- Open Ended Contract
Your application should be submitted no later than 15.09.2021 and must comprise of:
- A cover / motivation letter setting out briefly your motivation and suitability for the position.
- A complete and up-to-date CV.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an equal opportunity employer.
We are grateful to all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.