Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
The post holder will be responsible for teaching and learning facilitation to the children of project established temporary learning centres activities, and coordinating day-to-day activities and efforts of TLCs, Education Coordinator. This position holder will be overall responsible to engage with children for teaching, facilitate them in learning activities, and coordinate with children parents for their learning progress. The position will coordinate with the various stakeholders and project staff for timely updates & information related to TLCs for information and action. Post holder will create reports, documentation of TLCs and share with relevant for day to day matters. He / She will be responsible tracking progress of TLCS and keep a regular coordination with projects teams to ensure that TLCs progress on track and well reported. He/she will also assist project team in community mobilization around enrolment in TLCs and education awareness.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Responsible for overall teaching to the TLCs children both academic and Life Skill based Teaching Work.
- Keep updated and safe children’s attendance record in TLCs and engage with parents to ensure that children regularly attend the classes.
- Establish and maintain a safe functional learning environment.
- Keep the TLCS environment child friendly and safe that children learn in a friendly and safe environment.
- Prepare teaching and lesson plan and share with children accordingly.
- Identify students’ needs and cooperate with other professional staff members in data assessment and intervention strategies.
- Support the implementation of the TLCs improvement and community engagement plans, goals and objectives.
- Assess and progress monitor Learning Centre’s students’ academic growth to guide instruction and keep appropriate records in collaboration with the education team.
- Community mobilization and sensitization to engage with parents for enrolment of children in TLCs.
- Identify and provide materials required for activities preferred by children, in coordination with relevant departments and procurement procedures.
- Other project related duties assigned by the supervisor.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same.
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others.
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters.
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
- B.A/B. Ed. degree or equivalent in the related subject.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in the relevant field.
- Teaching experience in formal or non-formal settings.
- Experience of teaching in emergency settings.
- Able to produce quality work under pressure and strict deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- A practical approach to work; sharp analytical, problem solving skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and against tight deadlines.
- Ability to present concise reports, sometimes at short notice, reflecting the problems and possible solutions for particular situations.
- Self-starter, requiring little support to get tasks done;
- Decision making skills.
- Expert in Pashto/Dari languages.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding our Staff:
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.