The Aga Khan Rural Support Programme is a private, non-profit company, established by the Aga Khan Foundation in 1982 to help improve the quality of life of the villagers of Gilgit Baltistan and Chitral. AKRSP is seeking applications from high caliber professionals for the position of Manager Communication for Core Office Gilgit.
Overall responsible to manage all types of communication and image building of the organization.
Major responsibilities of the position are as following:
- Develop and maintain AKRSP events calendar, ensuring that major events are identified early; supports senior management and relevant programme teams.
- Ensure branding and publications policy of AKRSP and also assist in dissemination of communication products.
- Develop and maintain contacts with key print and electronic media (including radio, TV, news websites and blogs) to supply them with newsworthy material about AKRSP work in GBC.
- Ensure that all outreach information material to be used by the media is written in a way that concepts and issues can be readily understood by stakeholders.
- Research and identify success stories, writes and edits media releases and reports, and feature stories.
- Produce video documentary for capturing work of AKRSP
- Maintenance and updating website
- Event management
- Conducting communication audit and developing communication strategies and plans
- Producing policy and research briefs, taking notes of high profile meeting, preparing presentation and infographics.
- Maintaining public relationship with media
Required Experience: Candidate must have five years’ relevant experience in the development field.
Education: Master’s in Social Sciences, preferably in Communication’s Management
Special skills required:
- Strong analytical, Communication, report writing skills.
- Proposal writing skills
- Trained in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel & Microsoft PowerPoint.
NOTE: AKRSP offers competitive remuneration package and conducive working environment. We are equal opportunity employer - Women candidates are preferred without compromising the set criteria. Our recruitment and selection policy and procedures reflect our commitment to the safeguarding of children and adults in accordance with safeguarding policy. Only online applications submitted through this website before the deadline will be considered for further process. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for test/interview.