The Aga Khan Rural Support Programme is a private, non-profit company, established by the Aga Khan Foundation in 1982 to help improve the quality of life of the villagers of Gilgit Baltistan and Chitral. AKRSP is seeking applications from high caliber professionals for the position of Agriculturist for Area Office, Hunza/Nagar.
Overall responsible to support the farmers in enhancing agriculture productivity from farm-based physical and technological inputs.
Major responsibilities of the position are as following:
- Responsible for Implemented Agriculture and Food Security within allocated budget.
- Coordinate with Area Office staff and concerned LSOs/Civil Society Organizations for the identification of project beneficiaries.
- Implement Agriculture & Food Security component activities in the newly irrigated/developed lands in consultation with the beneficiary communities.
- Identify productive infrastructure schemes such as irrigation channels, passive solar green houses, seed potato cellars etc. in consultation with respective Area Program Managers/staff.
- Provide technical on farm and class trainings on seed potato, fruits and vegetables production to farmers.
- Ensure quality of agricultural inputs to be supplied to famers.
- Share any issue related to agriculture rise in field with Manager Agriculture and Food Security for timely resolution of the issue.
- Compliance with documentation and reporting requirements specified by AKRSP management team/ supervisor.
- Any other responsibilities allocated by management team/RPM/Manager agriculture & food security/PM Agriculture and Food Security.
Required Experience: Candidate must have 3 year(s) of relevant experience in Agriculture with any institute of repute.
Education: B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture Sciences preferably; Agronomy/Horticulture/Soil Sciences/plant protection.
Special skills required:
- Modern Agricultural Practices
- Training to Farmers
- Conduct varietal trail, data collection and analysis
- Coordination skills
- Communication and analytical skills
- Knowledge and skills of agriculture practices in field level.
NOTE: AKRSP offers competitive remuneration package and conducive working environment. We are equal opportunity employer - Women candidates are preferred without compromising the set criteria. Our recruitment and selection policy and procedures reflect our commitment to the safeguarding of children and adults in accordance with safeguarding policy. Only online applications submitted through this website before the deadline will be considered for further process. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for test/interview.