Farmers development organization (FDO); with technical assistance of Welthungerhilfe (WHH), is implementing food and nutrition security project through linking agriculture, natural resources, Nutrition, plus enterprise & Wash) in two (2) union councils of District Muzaffargarh i.e. UC Chak Farazi (riverine) and UC aziz abad (drought). The Nutritionist Officer will be responsible to assist the Project team in implementation of Nutrition Component of project and to take all the relative supportive measures to ensure the effective implementation of all nutrition related activities as described in project design. S/he will take lead to develop and disseminate all nutrition messages and activities, and foster the preparation of diverse diet, especially for pregnant and lactating women as well children under
- 1. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure smooth execution of PLA (participatory learning & action), 1000 day window opportunity and other food and nutrition related trainings for PLWs and children -
- To identify PLA facilitators, ensure their ToT and completing PLA cycle with efficiency and effectiveness in community with help of PLA facilitators
- Ensure inclusion of targeted women (PLWs, PWDs, transgender, minorities) and teach them to learn through better diversified food practices.
- Contribute to the development of training curricula, IEC material, tools and related resources for workshops and seminars Support in sharing and gathering information with / from local communities in the project site in order to improve Nutrition standards in the community.
- Nutrition assessment of women of reproductive age, PLW and children
- Giving awareness to community on importance of health and hygiene and its link with nutrition and food security, safe drinking water, dietary diversity and etc.
- To establish children clubs and aware children (members of children club) on nutrition and food security, health and hygiene, safe drinking water and etc. through interactive sessions/ games
- To run campaign to change behavior of targeted communities by keeping in view behavioral change communication (BCC) strategy.
- Any other duty and responsibility assigned by the management as needed.
The following are requirement for this position:
a) MA /MSc/BS (preferably Nutrition / social work / sociology / anthropology)
b) Minimum of 2-3 years relevant experience in any well reputed organization.
c) Experience of dealing with communities/ social mobilization is mandatory
d) Computer Literate with Good command on MS Office.
Note: Local female applicant are requested to apply
Interested candidates submit theor CVs mentioning Position applying for at: [email protected]
Last date to apply: 30th September 2022
Irrelevant applications are requested for not applying for this position