The FCDO ‘Delivering Accelerated Family Planning in Pakistan (DAFPAK): Lot 2 Public Sector Service Delivery’ is a part of the DAFPAK programme funded by the Foreign, Common Wealth and Development Office (FCDO). The 3.5-year programme aims to increase access to family planning services; and improve quality of Client-centred services such that more women, including adolescents are able to safely plan their pregnancies and improve their sexual reproductive health. The expected outcome for the programme is 11.9 million CYPs generated by expanded access to FP services; 55,000 additional users of family planning and an increase in modern CPR from 26.1 at the baseline to 33.9.
Palladium and its consortium partners, Pathfinder, the Family Planning Association of Pakistan (FPAP), IPAS and Aahung will strengthen the quality of service provision in the public sector (across 30+ districts in three provinces Punjab, Sindh and KPK) by:
Increasing access to FP services:
- Building capacities of government health/FP facility staff on integration of services, improving clinical quality and expanding the range of contraceptives offered.
- Training community workers (LHWs) to expand the FP services that they offer.
- Establishing new procedures in health facilities to better integrate services.
Improved quality of client-centred FP services:
- Building capacities of the government health/FP facility staff on client-centred/unbiased counselling.
- Building capacities of community workers on better, client-centred/unbiased counselling.
- Building capacities of government health/FP facility staff on improving clinical quality.
- Improving quality assurance systems involving district health management teams, including clinical waste management.
Beyond building capacities of district health teams, health facility staff and community-based workers. The project will focus on sustainably changing behaviours of providers, systemic changes and commitments through engagement with and TA to district and provincial level governments, health management teams, providers and communities.
The role of the Logistics and Operations Officer is to play a lead role in coordinating the logistics, event, trainings and workshop management and administrative services for DAFPAK PSSD so that delivery of project activities can be implemented to ensure smooth and good quality. The position is responsible to ensure essential business support services are provided to the project in compliance with the corporate policies of Palladium as well as of FCDO.
The Logistics and Operations Officer will plan, coordinate and deliver the logistical arrangements for DAFPAK PSSD related events, travel, workshops/trainings etc. to the highest quality keeping in line with Palladium and FCDO policies. The Officer will be expected to develop a monthly logistical calendar in accordance with the project’s work plan while working in close coordination with the Logistics & Operations Coordinator Punjab in Lahore to ensure effective planning for best value for money. The Officer will also lead the general admin support services including vehicle management, record management, dealing with the authorized vendor, regular contacts with other Palladium core functions mainly the security team so that business support services are delivered in a coherent manner.
Specific Tasks and Deliverables:
Details of the key responsibilities include:
- Facilitate Provincial programme staff and partners in arranging Logistics for smooth implementation of the programme in the selected districts.
- Ensure planned activities are fully in compliance with the policies of DAFPAK PSSD
- Ensure Quality delivery of services during the trainings
- Ensure the travel and logistics arrangements are made as per requested by the programme team and as per Policies of the Programme
- Vehicle and driver management
- Office Management and ensure cleanliness of the office and all office equipment is in working condition.
- Liaise with Programme team for quarterly planning of the activities.
- Compliance Checks on the payments of DSAs and M&IE made for travel of Meeting participants and Programme team
- Due diligence of the claims for M&IE, Lodging and Travel are authentic
- Maintain petty cash of respective project offices for petty cash expenses.
- Process payments of items or services Purchased in the field.
- Provide Logistical support for meetings, workshops, seminars etc. in respective districts.
- Ensure maintenance of records and timely payment from finance for all types of bills, claims by vendors and ensure timely payment of utility bills.
- Assist Logistics & Operations Coordinator to ensure timely completion of day to day assigned tasks.
- Inventory Management
- Provision of equipment, office space to long-term staff. This will be managed in consultation with the Logistics & Operations Coordinator Punjab.
- Ensure clearance of mobile phone bills as per the limit assigned, claims by vendors and ensure timely payment of utility bills as applicable.
- Provide general support to visitors.
- Address queries regarding office management issues (e.g. stationary, hardware and travel arrangements).
- Plan in-house or off-site meetings in close coordination with the Logistics & Operations Coordinator Punjab.
The Logistics & Operations Officer is a full time position based in Multan, Punjab and reports to the Logistics & Operations Coordinator Punjab.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least three to five years of experience of same nature. Experience in FCDO funded projects is desirable.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under significant professional and environmental pressure.
- Ability to work independently.
- Computer competency with spreadsheets, databases and word processing suites.
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility and patience.
- Must be Bachelors in any discipline
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Urdu, knowledge of local language will be a plus.
- Any other task assigned by the Management.