The post holder will not have contact with children and/or young people, or access to personal data about children or young people, as part of their work; therefore a police check will not be mandatory for this post unless the content of the post changes, in which case the Child Safeguarding level should be reviewed.
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children with a vision of creating a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. As we complete 100 years in 2019 as an organization, Save the Children currently works in 117 countries in a variety of capacities around the world. Among five regional offices of Save the Children, Asia Regional Office - one of the largest region is based in Singapore providing strategic and operational oversight to 13 Country Offices in Asia.
As a key member of the regional HR team and working in close collaboration with the Regional HR Director (Asia), individual Country office Directors & HR teams and functional heads from the Head Quarter in London, this position will lead all functions related to HRIS management, other system building initiatives in the region, ensure data quality, generate and analyse all HR reports and HR scorecards, oversee compensation & benefits including payroll, salary benchmarking and all benefits. This position will be responsible for ensuring country office policy alignment with SCI global guidelines & policies to ensure Save the Children International is competitive and an employer of choice in both development and humanitarian contexts.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Regional Human Resources Director, Asia
Staff reporting to this post:
- Direct: Regional Payroll Coordinator, Regional Safeguarding Senior Officer
- Indirect : N/A
Role Dimensions: Save the Children works in 13 countries in the Asia region with a current complement of approximately 5600 staff.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
A. Build capacity of Country Offices (systems, policies & minimum operational standards):
- Responsible for identifying gaps on policies and systems related to HRIS, Compensation & benefits and facilitate strengthening country office capacity in line with global HR guidelines and requirements.
- Provide adequate clarity to all stakeholders in terms of policies and procedures.
- Work with Country offices to ensure staff employment/HR manuals are legally compliant and meet global and local guidance.
- Compile and support CO HR Leads to reduce gaps as identified in country specific SCI HR minimum operating standards.
B. Manage Global HRIS in Asia region:
- Co-ordinate with the Center (SCI Head quarter) on changes and ensure all country offices implement the changes.
- Responsible for data and report as per global, regional and country office requirements.
- Generate periodical dashboard, people scorecard and equivalent reports, analyse for management decision.
C. Compensation and Benefits:
- Ensure compensation and benefits standards comply with SCI policies and/or other regulation or legislation
- Manage SCI salary and benefit review process for Asia including annual increments, cost of living analysis, annual insurance renewals, medical benefits and any other salary grade structure review.
- Perform Job Evaluation & salary review for country offices based on market benchmarking to ensure competitiveness to attract and retain good caliber staff; and to drive the desired organizational behavior and high performance culture.
- Analyze Compensation & Benefit(C&B) market surveys, benchmark best C&B practices, fine-tune existing HR-related systems and/or propose new initiatives to strengthen SCI market position in attracting, rewarding and retaining talents.
- Oversee payroll for Asia International staff and Asia Regional Office National staff.
- Ensure income tax compliance for all national and international staff in the regional office.
D. Manage employee exit process:
- Manage all employee exits, including retrenchments
- Ensure processes take place as per SCI policies and in a transparent way.
- Provide clarity to all stakeholders related to transitions.
E. Manage team performance:
- Manage performance of supervisees.
- Provide coaching and guidance for high performance.
- Undertake professional development initiatives and take initiative for career growth.
- Provide support to other HR team members and functions as necessary.
- Ready to work to any site in humanitarian response in Asia region.
- Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Minimum: Equivalent to Bachelor degree level university degree with 5 years relevant working experience
Desirable: In Human Resources/data analytics/Business Administration/Management
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Significant experience on managing HRIS, compensation & benefits management
- Highly numerate with the ability to interpret statistical data and to generate high class reports
- Highly developed communication skills both written and oral in order to establish effective relationships with internal and external audiences, including at a geographical distance
- A strong track record of influencing and presenting at senior management level
- An understanding of and commitment to the work and international context of Save the Children
- Experience of working in Asia context is desired
- Ability to travel at least 30% of time in any part of Asia (depending on international travel restrictions)
- Proven skills on HR policy formulation, review and analysis
- Hands on experience on Job evaluation and salary benchmarking
Additional job responsibilities