This is an upcoming project that intends to enhance detection and response to infectious disease threats globally by developing networks to implement prevention and containment strategies at local, national, and regional levels. Interventions to prevent, detect, and respond to infectious disease threats in healthcare, including antimicrobial resistance (AMR), healthcare-associated infections (HAIs), and COVID-19, will be developed and implemented within networks. Additionally, this aims to improve the detection of emerging AMR threats and identify AMR risk factors and prevention strategies across healthcare and the community to inform global AMR containment efforts.
Overview of the position
The Network Coordinator will coordinate surveillance and prevention activities between the 3-5 target health facilities across Pakistan. S/he will review and analyse reported HAI data and assist in the preparation of HAI reports, summaries, and presentations for internal and public release. Coordinates Healthcare Associated Infection (HAI) Reporting and Prevention Initiatives Facilities. Assist in providing strategic direction and oversight for HAI monitoring and improvement strategies in EOHHS Health Care Facilities. Perform national and regional wide onsite preparedness infection control assessments to ensure interventions are in place in the targeted healthcare facilities. Conduct onsite infection control assessments healthcare facilities. Assist in the identification of HAI prevention targets, consistent with the national and regional priorities. S/he will be responsible for the preparation and submission of programmatic reporting requirements and assist in the development and coordination of regional initiatives on HAI prevention. S/he will provide high level review of reported data and assists in the development of related policies and procedures. S/he will support in the development and implementation of facility specific and internal quality improvement initiatives ad will provide analysis towards the development and implementation of HAI related policy initiatives.
Requirements (Education, Experience, Skills, Languages.):
- First university degree in medical sciences with experience on public health interventions with regards to institutional development
- Minimum five years of experience in implementation of hospital acquired infections in health care facilities, including antimicrobial resistance and/or antimicrobial use.
- Knowledge of the methods and techniques used in the evaluation of clinical practices.
- Capacity to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others, including agency officials, other employees, providers, and health care administrators.
- Knowledge of the laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, specifications, standards, and guidelines governing infection control.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and methods used in healthcare facilities infection control programs.
- Ability to understand, apply and explain laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures specifications, standards and guidelines governing infection control.
- Knowledge of sanitation and sterilization methods, techniques, procedures, and equipment.
- Extensive knowledge of HAI/AMR epidemiology and HAI prevention.
- Expertise with creation and presentation of information regarding infections in areas of HAI.
- Knowledge of CDC’s National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) and its role in surveillance.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills with the capacity to demonstrate strong interpersonal, interviewing, teamwork, communication, and organizational skills.
- Proficient usage of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the types and characteristics of HAIs.