Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do—believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services—from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment. Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, ensure the availability of safe abortion services and post-abortion care, advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all of our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.
Pathfinder Pakistan with support from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) is providing technical assistance (TA) to the federal and provincial governments of Pakistan including Sindh, Punjab, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, and Baluchistan, and providing support to key health system strengthening partners such as World Bank, Population Council and Acasus in scaling up of Postpartum Family Planning (PPFP) and Postabortion Family Planning (PAFP) within the investment case (IC) execution and National Health Support Project (NHSP) design and implementation.
Through this initiative and based on the successes and learnings from Pathfinder’s Naya Qadam project, Pathfinder will support the integration and institutionalization of PPFP and PAFP in the overall provincial health systems, strengthening health system through building technical capacity of federal and provincial governments to implement results-based management framework, gender response social and behavior change communication (SBCC) strategies, enabling policy environment, and strengthen health information system strengthening to improve and better use of PPFP and PAFP data for decision making.
Under this project, a total of four high-level outcomes and thirteen outputs will be achieved. The federal government and provincial Health Department and Population Welfare Department would be key partners, while Pathfinder will also collaborate and coordinate with World Bank, Population Council, and Acasus.
A Program & Admin Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support and assistance to team members throughout the planning and implementation of professional programs. Their duties include communicating between program participants and managerial staff, creating, and updating program schedules, and assisting in the planning and managing of program events. Keeping the record through proper filing, documentation, and other office assets.
Key Performance Area
One of the primary responsibilities of a program assistant is to provide support to all project staff. This support work involves preparing meeting materials, scheduling appointments, and maintaining a daily agenda or task list on the staff's behalf. Caring for these administrative tasks helps the staff focus on their role while keeping them on track for fulfilling their daily responsibilities.
Management & Organization
- Managing the other staff members
- Manage and maintain records of different project activities.
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to all relevant staff.
- Serve as primary contact for all Patti cash transfer matters within the office.
- Keep up with important documents and maintain files.
- Making arrangements for any event, meeting, or activity, finding transportation, and making accommodations.
Reporting & Documentation
- every week on the overall activities undertaken to improve the collection and the services provided by project staff.
- every month on the overall state of the project administration area on tasks directly related to this position.
- every quarter on the overall state of the project administration area.
- Compile regular reports for project activities.
- Program assistants often perform some administrative tasks like keeping up with paperwork for the project. For example, he/she may compile receipts, record travel expenses, and maintain a timecard, for the executive and any members of the administration team they oversee. Good documentation skills include being complete and thorough with filing papers and making sure to submit documents on time.
Liaison, Communication & Interaction
- Liaise closely with all project staff on issues relating to all activities, course administration, and other relevant areas associated with the activity of the project.
- Communicate with the Logistic department and other members of the administrative team and external professionals when scheduling appointments and setting up meetings.
- The Program Assistant must maintain an awareness of the project operating environment to liaise effectively with a diverse range of all project staff.
- The Program Assistant must always observe organization protocols.
- The Program Assistant must understand the organization's structure its hierarchy and work within it appropriately.
Administrative & Financial Tasks
- Overall, all administrative tasks assigned by the Head office Admin Manager/ Provincial Lead/ Advocacy Officer- KP.
- Making travel arrangements, such as booking flights, cars, and making hotel and restaurant reservations.
- Processing and preparing financial statements.
- Overseeing client accounts.
- Creating, sending, and following up on invoices.
- Collecting and reviewing data for reports.
- Preparing payment vouchers for employees.
- Suggesting improvements in accuracy, efficiency, and reducing costs
Minimum Education & Work Experience
- Bachelor/master’s degree in social sciences and public administration
- 3 years experience working in the development sector or in any organization that implements national, and international health and development projects.
Preferred Education & Work Experience
- Master’s degree in management, business, project management, social science, or a related discipline
- 3-5 years of relevant programmatic experience, particularly in the areas of climate justice and gender equity
- Ability of demonstrate tools and techniques to organize moving pieces in a project.
- Experience in office management, reporting and documentation, and Liaising with different departments within the organization.
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Program Operations: Ability to plan and manage cross-functional activities internally and externally and ensure timely follow-up and updates. Organizational and planning skills, project planning, and management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Presentation Skills: Advanced oral and written communication and editing skills. Proven diplomacy skills. Proven ability to build and maintain professional relationships with stakeholders.
- Community Relations: Intermediate skills in facilitating working relationships between project teams, donors, partners, government officials, and communities.
- Analysis and Sound Judgement: Advanced analytical and troubleshooting skills. Ability to make sound judgments. Ability to improve processes, promote excellence and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
- Languages: Proven ability to write and speak using the local language and English language
- Communication and Influencing Skills: Diplomacy and advanced oral and written communication skills using different forms of media. Ability to translate complex concepts to individuals at all levels. Ability to speak across a range of technical issues that may be outside the individual’s area of expertise.
- Self-Management and Teamwork:Ability to work independently or as a member of a team, ability to thrive in a matrix organization, ability to be detail-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related matters.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Travel required (30% or less)
- Uses cellular and office phones, laptops, or desktop computers.
- Kindly apply before the deadline of November 30, 2023 through below link:
- This job description format focuses on the main duties of the position and is not intended to list every potential task or assignment.
- Duties can and will change to meet the changing priorities of the department and organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Statement
Pathfinder International provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Safeguarding and Protection Statement
Pathfinder is committed to the safeguarding and protection of the people we serve and our staff. We have zero tolerance for any type of behavior that inflicts harm on children, young people, adults, our staff, and partners including sexual abuse, harassment, bullying, and exploitation. We do everything possible to ensure that we recruit only those who are suitable to work with us. We expect that everyone we hire will abide by our safeguarding and related policies and will report any suspected or known violations. This job is subject to a range of vetting checks as legally permitted in the country where they are being hired. By applying, the job applicant acknowledges they understand our intent to verify suitability to work with us.