- A Master’s degree in human resources, employee relations, organizational development, business or a related area; relevant work experience may be a substitute.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with the human resources information system (HRIS).
- Knowledge of a broad range of human resource strategies and practices, including compensation, performance management, safety, hiring, and employee relations; able to apply these strategies and practices in compliance with employment regulations.
- Ability to create a culture of diversity, inclusivity, collaboration, and teamwork.
Scope and Objectives
Deputy Manager HR function established by the management of the organization to Improve the quality of Sungi Development Foundations Human Resource department through implementation of Sungi Development Foundation policies and procedures in addition, will be responsible for promoting a positive public image of our organization.
The position reports to the Executive Director for all administrative, managerial and planning matters.
Roles and Responsibilities
Improving the quality of Sungi Development Foundations Human Resource department through implementation of Human Resource policies and procedures.
The key responsibilities:
- Develop a strategy for Personnel/HR management functioning, focusing on improving manpower productivity, efficiency at the work place.
- In consultation with the Executive Director and all other program/section/zonal heads, review/introduce and implement an effective staff performance management system (by reviewing existing performance appraisal format) to foster a positive, productive and competitive working environment among all programs/locations.
- Under close guidance of the organizational head, review/adapt and develop personnel policies and procedures referring to existing staff service rules and direct/monitor & implement at program levels.
- Provide facilitation services to management team in over all organizational restructuring and subsequent staff/HR planning etc.
- Deal with recruitment and selection process (right from advertisement stage to deployment at work place) fulfilling HR need of programs at all locations.
- Develop HR plan (yearly and/or project phase based) and forecasting thereof.
- Designing job specification among all existing positions (from Executive Director to support staff level) and incorporating in the expected HR Policy, matching to organizational objectives and job requirement.
- Dealing with Internship programs (inducting university students as Intern(s), and extending network linkages with different universities/educational institutions and providing internship opportunities to the deserving and willing qualified fresh students to explore practical knowledge and then start professional career.
- Coordinate with programs and provide facilitation services to identify HR services, as per programmatic priorities and take necessary steps to fulfill job requirements.
- Coordinate with Finance and other relevant programs/sections/zones to justify budget provision to meet pay and allied expenses for the newly inducted staff and for the purpose of negotiating salary brackets at hiring stage, as per existing staff service rules.
- Provide summary list of staff (identifying training needs based on appraisals of the reporting year) to Manager ED for nomination of staff to different training courses.
- In consultation with Management Team and the Executive Director, design/review and circulate appraisal forms (once in a year), along guidelines, collect appraised forms, prepare performance appraisal summaries (mentioning overall, program and location-wise and position-wise performance merit), conduct salary review committee meeting and implementation on the decision of SRC thereof.
- Assist the Executive Director and the BoG members, when required, especially in hiring of management staff, introducing/changing/implementing HR policies/procedures/rules.
- Once in a year immediate after conducting salary review committee meeting, issue annual increment and employment extension letters to all staff members.
- Under supervision of the Executive Director, introduce personnel and recruitment committees (consisting of one management member, one relevant program representative, one gender representative) to handle recruitment, promotions, adjustment and relocation, transfer, grievance & complaint cases, salary raises, disciplinary proceedings, gender and sexual harassment cases etc. (as a central activity, within the whole organization).
- In consultation with the approval of top management team initiate policies for short term and long term based staff career development plan enabling the employees to enhance capacities enjoy professional growth and in return, contribute to Sumgi.
- Document and maintain all personnel and policy matters in a standard manner, get approval from the relevant quarters like; contract agreement, offer letter, regret letter, short listing memo, interview and selection criteria, job description, transfer memo, increment memo, employment extension memo, resignation accepting memo, release memo, conducting enquiry memo, job confirmation memo, appreciation certificates to staff, experience certificates to staff, clearance and hand/take memo etc.
- Introduce and maintain a web based CV database along web-based Application Form (duly attached with advertisements) to provide easy access to applying candidate and also for personnel staff to retrieve or print summary of applied candidates.
- Introduce and maintain software based HRIS (human resources information system) covering employee service history, personal and academic background, existing/left staff information/category/type/gender/positron/location/program-wise staff list.
- Prepare and maintain record of all available CVs including those applied, short listing and regretted (which can be considered at least up to six months - one year) based on conducted test and interviews.
- Also to prepare a summary update covering information of; all received CVs, short listed CVs, test and interviewed numbers, selected number(s), regretted numbers, panelist numbers, interview date/time/location and other allied information etc.
- As a HR representative, participate in all HR Policy related meetings and working groups to discuss and resolve problems/issues of staff or formulating personnel policies, guide lines, procedures etc.
- As an HR person, mediate conflicts, complaints, grievances and harassment cases etc.
- Dealing with resignation, release, termination, separation and initiation of disciplinary proceedings ensuring that all such saturatory standards and related labor laws of the country are strictly adhere to
- Provide specialist services to management and other staff with respect to service conditionality, employees’ relations, counseling, handling grievances, duties and responsibilities and privileges and entitlements under the existing staff service rules.
- Prepare work plan and budget for HR section and ensure proper utilization of funds in a cost effective manner.
- Update and maintaining personnel files of the staff in a strictly confidential manner.
- Coordination, providing facilitation services and guidance relating to staff service rules, policies and procedures to all programs/locations/employees.
- Under the supervision and guidance of the Executive Director, prepare and review HR Policy for staff introducing attractive salary & incentives, reward system, ensure job security measures, create friendly/gender sensitive working environment among all staff.
- Any other job assignment to be given to the job holder by the Immediate Supervisor.
The candidate who tries to influence the recruitment process will be automatically disqualified. Women, Transgender and non-Muslim candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
*Due to the urgency of this role, Positions will be filled on a rolling basis, interested candidates are asked to submit their application as soon as possible.