Mission 1 : Participates in the definition of the logistics section of the StratOp and implements the action plan for facilities management
- RISKS: Forwards to his/her line-manager the information needed to update the risk map for his or her area of responsibility and implements corrective mitigation measures in his/her area of responsibility;
- INCIDENTS: Forwards to his/her line-manager the information needed to draft incident reports for his area of responsibility, if required
- • INDICATORS: Forwards to his/her line-manager the information needed to produce the dashboard for the transport of persons.
Mission 2 : Deploys the standards and contributes to HI’s expertise and accountability within his or her remit:
• STANDARDS: applies HI standards for his or her entire professional field with regard to policy, processes and tools;
• LOCAL ADAPTATION: applies these standards, contextualised to meet local conditions and regulations; • ACCOUNTABILITY: applies internal rules and the rules of institutional donors in his or her fields of activity.
Mission 3 : Operational implementation of logistics
3.1 Diagnostic phase – Contextual analysis:
• Participates in analysing the programme’s logistics context (evaluation of logistics capacities, table of logistics problems); • Evaluates the capacities of the available and mobilisable resources (human and material).
3.2 Implementation phase:
• Is responsible for the safety of passengers until arrival at destination;
• Drives the vehicles provided in accordance with the legislation in application;
• Is responsible for ensuring his/her passengers’ compliance with the legislation in application;
• Is responsible for the loading of his/her vehicle and its conformity / safety (if applicable);
• Is responsible for the cargo transported until unloading at destination (if applicable);
• Adapts his/her driving to the requirements of the products/resources and carries out controls (temperature, strapping...) while respecting the specific rules (if any) ;
• Monitors servicing deadlines for the vehicles assigned to him/her and makes the necessary reminders to his/her line manager (if required).
- Check his vehicle every day prior to departure (general condition, engine oil, cooling fluid, lights, tires etc…) as well as upon return to the base
- Undertake minor maintenance (filters cleaning, levels, tire pressure…) and ensure that the vehicle is kept clean and in good running condition at all times
- Ensure fuel refill of the vehicle when requested and properly fill in the necessary documents
- Check the availability in his vehicle of all necessary documents, first aid kit and security equipment
- Immediately inform the supervisor in case of any issue with the vehicle
Mission 4: Emergency Preparedness and Response Responsibilities
contributes to the program's emergency preparedness actions and, during an emergency, adapts his/her work modality to contribute to HI’s effective humanitarian response