Terre des hommes Foundation Lausanne (Tdh) is an International NGO registered in Pakistan. It has been active in KP province of the country and is interested to extend activities to other regions as well. Projects addressed and will address among others Emergency Aid, Child Protection (CP). Tdh has been working with own funds and is actively seeking the support of international donors to increase scope and volume of its activities in the country.
In his/her capacity as representative Tdh, the Program Manager will be responsible for planning and implementing Tdh program activities in Pakistan. This includes project identification, research and project planning, as well as the identification and liaison with partners and donors in the country. Establishing of partnerships with other stakeholders will form a central part of the job.
For future projects, the Program Manager will be responsible to monitor and supervise the implementation of the project(s). In case of own implementation, the Program Manager reports to the Country Representative, in case of implementation through partners, the MOU with the partner describes the relationship and reporting lines. S/he works closely with the Pakistan Office’s Finance and Admin. Manager (FAM), and reports to and closely coordinates with the Country Representative (CR) both remotely and in person.
The Program Manager will be based in Islamabad office, with regular visits in the (actual and potential) project areas are part of the job.
Working hours are Monday to Friday, 09 am until 05 pm.
S/he is expected to:
- Based on country strategy , designs and carries out a mapping of potential implementation partners within the Pakistani NGO community.
- In collaboration with business development department colleages at Regional and HQ level, designs and carries out a donor mapping in Pakistan as per Tdh’s donors.
- Contributes to the establishment and review frequently of a country strategy for Tdh Pakistan office, and ensure compliance of projects activities per the strategy.
- Liaises with partners and donors on behalf of the CR; represents Tdh in NGO coordination meetings.
- Coordinates and participates in project identification, proposal writing and project implementation, cf. to separate work plan.
- Follow up closely on project’s progress per plan, conduct frequent review based on data collection and analysis.
- In close cooperation with the FAM liaises with the Pakistani authorities with regards to program issues i.e. MOUs, NOCs and reporting
- Is responsible for the implementation of policies on security, child protection and fraud prevention (see Tdh policy documents).
- In the absence of the Country Directory, acts as a focal person for external relations with stakeolders.
- Lead and contribute to proposal development as per assignment from manager and HQ. In addition to provide technical revisions and inputs , both technical and operations.